Please select from the following to indicate how you would like to be considered. Not submitting required documents/proof may result in your disqualification. See How to Apply section.
Competitive All US Citizens . You are a United States citizen.
BASIC EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. From the description below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience.A. I have a degree with a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. (Submit Transcripts)
ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
2. From the description below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience for the GS-13 grade level.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through federal service. For this position, specialized experience is defined as all of the following: 1) assist in managing and planning BioSurveillance related programs coordination activities; 2) assist in evaluating and coordinating BioSurveillance related programs activities; 3) assist with local and state public health preparedness and response actions for biological incidents; and 4) liaison between local and/or state decision makers and the BioSurveillance related programs.
3. From the description below, select the letter that best describes your level of specialized experience for the GS-14 grade level.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through federal service. For this position, specialized experience is defined as all of the following: 1) manage and plan BioSurveillance related programs coordination activities; 2) evaluate and coordinate BioSurveillance related programs activities; 3) coordinate local and state public health preparedness and response actions for biological incidents; and 4) liaison between local and/or state decision makers and the BioSurveillance related programs.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRINCIPLES, PRACTICES, TECHNIQUES, AND METHODOLOGY APPLICABLE TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREPAREDNESS AT THE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT LEVELS RELATED TO BIOTERRORISM RESPONSE
PLEASE SELECT THE BEST ANSWER THAT DESCRIBES YOUR EDUCATION OR TRAINING FOR EACH OF THE STATEMENTS LISTED BELOW.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Manage and plan Biosurveillance related program activities.
5. Evaluate and coordinate Biosurveillance related program activities.
6. Develop and implement expansion of the Biosurveillance related programs with senior management coordination.
ABILITY TO ANALYZE, INTERPRET, AND REPORT TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT ON JURISDICTIONAL PREPAREDNESS, EMERGING TRENDS, AND POTENTIAL PROBLEMS RELATED TO BIOWATCH SURVEILLANCE ACTIVITIES AND TECHNOLOGIES
7. Participate in the development of Biosurveillance related programs policy and objectives.
8. Advise leadership on public health and preparedness related matters pertaining to the Biosurveillance related programs.
9. Develop presentations and written documents on jurisdictional program information to use as support material in meetings and conferences.
ABILITY APPLY INTERPERSONAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS TO ORGANIZE AND COORDINATE PLANNING NEEDS AND UNANTICIPATED REQUIREMENTS
10. Ensure program directions are in line with Biosurveillance related programs goals and policy.
11. Serve as the primary liaison between the Biosurveillance related program office and the jurisdictional coordinators.
12. Collaborate with policy makers in liaison activities with state and local agencies for the purpose of developing or analyzing policy impacting public biological defense activities.
13. Facilitate local and regional conferences and workshop sessions to share Biosurveillance related programs information with regional and local jurisdictional coordinators.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
14. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to this statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my rating may be lowered and/or I may be removed from further consideration.