Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement. Current federal employees: to determine if you are on an Excepted Service appointment, look at block 34 of your latest SF-50.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
2. If you are a permanent VA employee, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E. Note: If you are a facility employee, choose the same answer you gave to Question 1.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
3. If you currently are a permanent employee of another federal agency (NOT VA), choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E..A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
4. If you are a FORMER federal employee with reinstatement eligibility AND you are not a current federal employee, choose one of the statements below. To be eligible for reinstatement, you must have been served in a career appointment, or served in a career-conditional appointment within the past three years. The three-year limit does not apply if you have Veterans Preference.A. I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
5. Are you a 30% OR MORE COMPENSABLY DISABLED VETERAN? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.A. Yes.
6. Are you a VETERANS RECRUITMENT ACT (VRA) APPOINTMENT? (You can only choose this answer for vacancies announced at or below the GS-11 grade level or an equivalent grade.) To be eligible, you must have been separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). Also, you must be: a disabled Veteran; OR a Veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized (you must have received the campaign badge or medal); OR a Veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which you received an Armed Forces Service Medal; OR a recently separated Veteran (separated within the past three years).A. Yes.
7. Are you eligible for a VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACT (VEOA) APPOINTMENT? This means that you have Veteran Preference or you are a Veteran separated after substantially completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty service performed under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).A. Yes.
8. Are you eligible for some other NONCOMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT? This includes appointment based on an interchange agreement, severe disability, eligibility of some military spouses, or similar authorities. Please visit http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp to see information about interchange agreements and other noncompetitive appointments. MILITARY SPOUSES: please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx for more information about appointment eligibility.A. Yes.
If you chose A, please tell us the type of appointment for which you are eligible (for example, military spouse eligible).
9. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
2. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
3. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
4. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association?A. Yes
5. Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?A. Yes
New Veterans Health Administration (VHA) psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full on-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirements.
6. Have you successfully completed a VHA internship program meeting the requirements above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and/or 2) a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed.
7. Do you have post-doctoral experience demonstrating possession comparable to professional psychology practice skills as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
8. Do you have experience that was obtained through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program as described above?A. Yes
9. Do you have three (3) years of experience performing neuropsychological examinations/evaluations using standardized neuropsychological assessment instruments?
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
10. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
• CV/Resume or VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
• Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
• Copy of most recent SF50, Notification of Personnel Action, if current federal employee.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form