Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Safety and Occupational Health Manager, GS-0018-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service to include experience in establishing, implementing and enforcing a comprehensive program addressing the areas of occupational safety and health, biological safety, radiation safety, environmental management, emergency preparedness, and safety training and information management.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and promote a comprehensive safety program covering all FDA facilities.
3. Oversee the development of occupational safety and health (including biological and radiation safety) policies and procedures.
4. Ensure FDA is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
5. Evaluate and advise on safety and health activities and hazardous conditions arising from the conduct of laboratory testing.
6. Record findings and the initiation of actions to correct program deficiencies and areas of non-compliance.
7. Plan, conduct, evaluate, and manage a complex program involving many high risk activities encountered in a research laboratory.
8. Represent the FDA at high level conferences and meetings.
9. Communicate effectively with staff, management, and laboratory staff to identify and resolve any issues related to laboratory operations.
10. Serve as the FDA representative on various top level advisory boards, committees and interagency groups focusing on occupational safety and health problems and issues.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form