Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-7 Procurement Technician.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Reviews proposals to determine if they meet requirements of the contract.
3. Assembles contractual documentation into final form for signature of approval.
4. Investigates customer or vendor complaints of errors in shipment, payment, and/or contract information.
5. Organizes and maintain information (i.e., vendor files, catalogs, technical literature, and price information) for ready access.
6. Enters purchase orders or contract data into an automated procurement system.
7. Validates conventional purchasing practices by tracking changes in cost, availability from suppliers, frequency of intervention in procurement process, or other similar indicators.
8. Identifies appropriate type of purchases before placing an order.
9. Interprets supply policies and regulations and apply them to operations.
10. Prepares responses to routine inquiries on a variety of contacting activities using office automation tools.
11. Seeks additional resources when gaps and inconsistencies in the information are identified.
12. Writes correspondence, memoranda or reports in response to inquiries about purchasing activities.
13. Negotiates purchase details such as cost or delivery with vendors.
14. Provides advice on purchasing activities.
15. Makes specialized purchases of one-of-a-kind equipment, supplies, or services for an organization where you had specific guidelines to follow.
16. Ensures all clearances are obtained and contract file is complete prior to contract award.
17. Maintains suspense files to monitor receipt of goods and services.
18. Evaluates quotes against purchase requirements.
19. Evaluates the acceptance of equivalent or replacement items.
20. Evaluates fluctuations in rates of usage, availability from established suppliers, and use of alternative sources of supply.
21. Prepares procurement specifications to meet organization specific requirements for supplies and equipment.
22. Tracks progress of contracts, noting delays and alerting appropriate individuals of problems.
23. Establishes databases to input and maintain procurement data.
24. Researches procurement data to prepare reports using automated systems.
25. Verifies the accuracy of information to resolve inconsistencies.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
26. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department