Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (13) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. I am a citizen of the United States
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. Note: To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., Chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in Veterans Health Administration (VHA), applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
3. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history and military service?A. Yes
Indicate if you are a current or former civilian, federal employee
4. I am a current employee of the Dept of Veterans Affairs. (If yes, must include most recent SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action that shows position title and grade, tenure and type of appointment).
5. I am a current, or former federal civilian employee. (If yes, must include most recent SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action that shows position title and grade, tenure and type of appointment).
6. Select only ONE response below that applies to you. DD Form 214, Member copy 4 (or other that shows character of the discharge). If claiming 10 point veterans preference, must include SF-15 and decision letter (or other supporting documentation) with your application package.
Applicants must meet the basic education requirement to qualify for this position.
7. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed AND Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) New VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement. (COPY OF STUDENT TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED).
8. Are you licensed and hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, you must have specialized experience as defined below. Creditable experience is the ability to provide independent and expert clinical psychosocial and case management services in a specialized area of practice.
9. From the list below indicate the response that best fits your experience and education.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
10. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
11. Developed patient assessments in collaboration with an interdisciplinary treatment team.
12. Experience with Crisis Intervention, making a rapid assessment and developing a crisis management plan.
13. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in area related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
14. Determined a diagnosis from highlighting the patient's strengths, limitations, and internal/external supports and service needs to optimize the patient's functional status.
15. Identified a need for patient education and develops and implements methods for meeting these needs or assists others in meeting them.
16. Managed a normative workload in his/her area, establishing priorities for timely service delivery to prevent hardship for patient/families and prevent delays in discharge from treatment.
17. Provided education and outreach to medical and mental health providers and in the community regarding issues among sexual trauma survivors.
18. Developed treatment plans and set treatment goals for patient and their families.
19. Knowledge of treatments and skills needed for young adult, adult, older adult, and geriatric patients related to their physical limitation, psychological needs and age associated illnesses and conditions.
20. Served as a subject matter expert on community services for hospital and community resources.
21. Evaluated his/her own practice through participation in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, and other organized means.
22. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
23. Records and maintains psychological activity in electronic medical records, promptly, accurately, concisely, and in adherence to all privacy laws.
24. Possess functional knowledge of word processing programs, spreadsheets and database management programs, electronic mail, electronic calendar scheduling, etc.
25. Maintains and updates database and/or spreadsheet as part of document control process.
26. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 USC 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 CFR Part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes