Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 815837. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for the GS-11 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-09 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) assisting in conducting research and analysis of established programs, policies, or procedures; 2) assisting in analyzing administrative or program issues; and 3) developing recommendations for changes in programs, processes or procedures based on analytic research and studies.
2. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for the GS-12 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) using analytical and evaluative methods in order to conduct studies of program operations, procedures or organizational structures; 2) analyzing persistent administrative or program issues; 3) developing recommendations for change in program administration, processes, or procedures to management for consideration.
ABILITY TO ANALYZE STANDARDS, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall score may be lowered or considered ineligible.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Make recommendations for improvements in coordinating administrative processes or procedures.
4. Assist in the development of improvements in accordance with sound administrative practice and requirements.
5. Assist in the implementation of changes in accordance with established administrative requirements.
6. Oversee performance metrics that track the effectiveness and efficiency of organizational activities and progress to achieve desires results.
7. Suggest improvements in policies or procedures to senior management.
8. Advise technical project officers in the development and selection of meaningful quantitative and qualitative criteria for program evaluation.
9. Interpret and disseminate guidance from DHS on critical problems of a current and continuing nature.
10. Coordinate with senior analysts to develop new policies, procedures, and methods for collecting or analyzing performance data.
11. Compile and analyze written regulations, policies, and processes in order to establish a consistent operating structure.
12. Prepare summary texts and supporting visual aids for presentation to senior management.
13. Prepare texts with graphs and tables for publication and distribution.