Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Select the statement below that best describes your specialized experience o minimally qualify for the GS-12 grade level:A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-11 level in the Federal service, applying policies and regulations to support the operation of refugee public health programs and/ or services, analyzing new or amended legislations for impact on the execution of a public health program; and communicating orally and in writing policy guidance and technical information related to refugee medical and mental health services.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When making your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Ensure that all claimed experience can be verified by the information in your resume. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization. For each task, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop partnerships with agencies in order to maximize access to the range of medical services available for refugees within a community.
3. Coordinate with other agencies in order to provide guidance on and promote refugee medical assistance and mental health resources.
4. Perform research and apply immigration and other federal laws that impact refugee health.
5. Deliver and receive information on developments in refugee medical and mental health conditions.
6. Analyze and asses new or changed refugee health policies to ensure requirements are applied to public health programs.
7. Coordinate medical services related training opportunities for staff and refugee services network.
8. Develop policies, procedures, and strategies for improvement of health program objectives.
9. Assist in the implementation of specialized response initiatives and technical assistance (i.e. domestic violence, suicide, mental health).
10. Provide recommendations to improve or resolve deficiencies in health-related issues
11. Conduct onsite visits and program evaluation of refugee health and mental programs.
12. Provide guidance on benefits and services applicable to refugees (i.e. medical assistance, preventive health programs)
13. Communicate with non-English speaking groups and individuals of different cultures in order to provide assistance and support.
14. Draft policy guidance and materials on internal procedures related to medical and mental health services to program staff.
15. Draft and maintain program monitoring forms, data collection requirements, and other technical information for refugees.
16. Draft responses to inquiries from state, local agencies and /or the general public.
17. Draft reports on developments in refugee medical and mental health conditions, services, and or public health needs.