Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number: 817389
Announcement Number: IHS-13-PX-817389-DE
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide documents will render you not eligible for the consideration. See instructions undert the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes.
2. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
3. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
4. Are you a former competitive service employee who was separated by a Reduction in Force (RIF) to be considered eligible as a Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant or placed on the agencies Reemployment Priority List (RPL) based on a RIF or separated because of work related injuries? (You must submit the appropriate supporting documentation).
Thank you for your interest in this Supervisory Clinical Psychologist position with the Indian Health Service. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS.
1. Select one statement that best describes whether you meet the Degree requirement for Clinical Psychologist.A. I have a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in Clinical Psychology from accredited educational institution.
2. GS-13 From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-13.
3. Select one statement that best describes whether or not you possess a current, unrestricted, state license for Clinical Psychologist.
For each task below, select the appropriate response that best reflects your experience level. Please select only one response. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your response.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Perform psychological evaluations to recommend treatment options.
5. Develop treatment plans in order to improve the overall quality of life for patients.
6. Provide individual counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
7. Provide group counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
8. Provide family counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
9. Provide substance abuse counseling to patients with alcohol addictions.
10. Advise and consult with all levels of professional staff concerning client behaviors and psychological characteristics to provide proper diagnosis.
11. Provide documentation of care and services to maintain client records.
12. Prepare written documentation for case management services in order to monitor patient progression.
13. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a department budget.
14. Lead, supervise, and direct staff carrying out administrative and oversight functions.
15. Review completed work for technical adequacy following established procedures.
16. Set team goals, milestones and expectations for quality performance and program development.
17. Ensure employees effectively carry out policies to achieve management objectives.
18. Communicate with patients and families with multiple mental health problems.
19. Communicate with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed with tact and empathy.
20. Interact with people from varied backgrounds and different situations and sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
21. Apply knowledge of cultural issues that may impact the implementation of public health or public health related programs that service American Indians and Alaska Natives.
22. Conduct clinical supervision of licensed counselors, substance abuse counselors, and/or family therapists.
23. Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or other staff.
24. Hear and resolve group grievances or serious employee complaints.
25. Recommend promotions, awards, and job status changes based on employee's performance, conduct, or behavior.
26. Develop employee performance appraisal management standards and monitor employee performance.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.