Please enter your social security number in the space provided.
Please enter the Vacancy Identification Number: 817484
Please enter the position title:Student Trainee (Administrative Support-OA)
Notification of results and other correspondence is by email. If you do not provide an email address, correspondence will be by ground mail.
Please check the lowest grade you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date that you will be available for employment. Please use this format: mm/dd/yyyy
Select/enter the job preference code as defined below.
001- All U.S. Citizens.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
From the description below, please determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements to be a participant in the Pathways Internship Program as a Student Trainee (Administrative Support-OA), GS-0399-04. If you leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
1. Are you currently enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in a degree, certificate or diploma program on a full or half time basis as defined by the institution (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum)? Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as a high school or state-approved home school; or accredited technical or vocational school; a 2 or 4 year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school.A. YES
2. Have you successfully completed 2 academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree? The required education must lead to a bachelor's degree with specialization in or directly related to the field in which the student trainees will receive training on the job.A. YES
Uses correct English grammar to organize and communicate ideas in words that are appropriate to listeners and situations.
For task statement 3 through 23, choose the response (A-E) from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one letter per statement. Ensure that your application supports all of your responses.A- I know little or nothing about this.
3. Coordinate details and communications with other members of an office.
4. Respond verbally to customers' inquiries for information, direction, and/or guidance.
5. Use tact, knowledge, and judgment in presenting requests and explaining needs.
Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others. Develops and maintains effective relationships with others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who are difficult, hostile or distressed. Relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations; is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
6. Provide customer service.
7. Maintain courtesy and rapport with individuals when contacting them to gain their cooperation in routine situations.
8. Refer technical inquiries to your supervisor or appropriate staff member.
9. Handle stressful situations.
10. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate staff.
11. Maintain a working relationship with a variety of internal and external staff or visitors.
Knowledge of how to perform one's job. Refers to specialized knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience.
12. Provide clerical support.
13. Answer telephones and refer caller to appropriate staff.
14. Receive and review incoming correspondence, reports, and instruction.
15. Establish and maintain general office files of correspondence or other information which must be easily accessed.
16. Type correspondence, memoranda, and reports in final format.
17. Proofread documents for proper format, punctuation, and spelling.
Uses computers and computer applications to analyze and communicate information in the appropriate format. Uses machines, tools, or equipment effectively.
18. Operate computers and various computer programs (such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.).
19. Use various types of electronic mail (email).
20. Operate standard office equipment other than computers (such as telephone, fax, photocopier, calculator) to accomplish work.
21. Use computer software for internet research, word processing, and data entry to accomplish work.
Recognizes or uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner. Produces written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
22. Write in a clear and concise manner.
23. Respond in writing to customers' inquiries for information, direction, and/or guidance.