1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
2. Do you have a valid state driver's license? You must submit a copy of your license with your application at time of selection.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that most closely describes your highest level of experience. Read all responses prior to making your selection. Your resume must support your response.
TECHNICAL PRACTICES AND KNOWLEDGE OF MATERIALS
Instructions: For task statements 4 through 18, select the response (A-E) from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one response per statement. Ensure your application supports all of your responses.
4. Consider height, weight, and special handling requirements to stack, move, and arrange items in pallets.
5. Comply with warehouse procedures to store and retrieve material.
6. Perform inspection of items being shipped and/or received to ensure that they are undamaged and comply with documented requirements.
7. Annotate shipping and/or inventory records to document identified discrepancies.
8. Apply barcode tags to pilferable, sensitive or valuable items.
9. Safely load and unload cargo, arranging and handling it to avoid injury to personnel and/or damage to items.
10. Safely operate a forklift capable to lift loads in close quarters, including narrow aisles, ramps, in and out of buildings, on and off trucks, and other conveyances.
11. Safely operate hand trucks, electric jacks and other material handling equipment to gather items for shipment.
12. Use proper lifting techniques to move heavy materials.
13. Handle the receipt of incoming shipments to move items to designated storage areas.
14. Select and assemble items to prepare for shipment.
15. Use accepted warehousing methods to select proper storage locations for materials.
16. Comply with direction from higher graded personnel to ensure that material/items are properly handled, loaded, and secured for transit.
17. Follow work sequence instructions to perform assigned tasks related to material handling and inventory control.
18. Read and interpret shipping documents to check accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.