Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Health Scientist, GS-0601.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-0601-11 /12 /13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Develop operational evaluation questions for program evaluation purposes.
4. Develop and apply standard evaluation tools, including logic models and balanced scorecards, in the design and execution of process and outcome evaluations.
5. Develop evaluation plans based on program evaluation framework or similar.
6. Develop program performance and accountability measures.
7. Develop indicators, indices and other outcome or impact measures.
8. Design and execute quality improvement evaluations utilizing Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) or related techniques.
9. Use quantitative data collection methods and techniques.
10. Translate qualitative and quantitative data into finding and recommendations for program improvement.
11. Engage stakeholders in determining evaluation goals and objectives, interpreting results and developing recommendations for action.
12. Conduct presentations and briefings related to evaluation and measurement to program staff and other non-technical audiences.
13. Present decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations of projects to senior officials.
14. Provide advice and assistance to programs and partners on developing strategic and evaluation plans.
15. Design and deliver technical assistance sessions or training to stakeholders and users of evaluation.
16. Prepare written reports and recommendations used as a basis for key executive-level management decisions.
17. Write articles, position papers, memos, answers to frequently asked questions, summaries, or briefs on findings from evaluation activities for non-scientific audiences.
18. Write guidance, manuals, primers and related materials to assist grantees with data collection or use of evaluation findings.
19. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.