Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States citizen?
2. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience requirements for a Laborer, WG-3502-03 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWERS YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
Ability to perform a variety of laborer work.
For each of the task statements below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
3. Perform basic building maintenance.
4. Perform light janitorial duties.
5. Perform basic hedge maintenance.
6. Load and unload supplies.
7. Properly load, unload, and move boxes, equipment and furniture.
8. Shovel snow.
9. Use small tools and operate power equipment.
10. Mow lawns, and perform other grounds maintenance work.
Ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
11. Perform continuing work following only general instructions.
12. Perform work following complicated or complex oral and written instructions that require determining alternatives and making decisions.
13. Follow specific instructions to perform simple tasks, some of which may require several steps.
14. Follow simple oral instructions, once they have been carefully explained.
Ability to handle weights and loads.
15. Move and lift objects or materials requiring unusual strength and stamina, such as lifting 100 pound packages, for sustained periods of time.
16. Lift and move heavy objects or materials weighing over 50 pounds that do not require special handling such as carrying garbage cans, handling heavy wheelbarrow loads, and lifting and moving heavy furniture or boxes for sustained periods of time.
17. Perform strenuous manual labor such as shoveling snow and mowing lawn, requiring significant endurance for sustained periods of time.
18. Perform manual work requiring frequent lifting and moving of objects and/or materials weighing up and some times greater than 50 pounds.
Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment with dexterity and safety.
19. Select and use the proper hand and power tools for a variety of laborer tasks including shovels, picks, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, edgers; power-vacuums; lawnmowers; weed-whackers; snow-blowers; hand-trucks; dollies; ladders; scaffolding; power drills; wheelbarrows; common carpentry, plumbing and gardening hand tools; etc. (Be sure to describe this experience in your application).
20. Perform routine preventive maintenance on all hand tools.
21. Perform preventive maintenance on power tools (e.g., cleaning, oiling, changing attachments, sharpening, etc.).
22. Observe all safety requirements when using the proper hand and power tools for a wide variety of laborer tasks, including the use of personal protective equipment. (Be sure to describe this experience in your application).