Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
1. Please choose the one (1) statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for Veterans Preference as a 30% or more Compensably Disabled Veteran (10-point 30% Compensable Disability Preference -CPS).
The following items are related to the agency employment eligibility requirements.
For each each question in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
2. I am a Citizen of the United States
3. I am a graduate graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. Verification of approved degree programs may be obtained from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 20 North Clark Street, Suite 2500, Chicago, Illinois 60602-5109; phone: (312) 664-3575, or through their Web site at: http://www.acpe-accredit.org/.
(NOTE: Prior to 2005 ACPE accredited both baccalaureate and Doctor of Pharmacy terminal degree program. Today the sole degree is Doctor of Pharmacy.)
4. I can proficiently read, write, speak and understand the English language
5. I have a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the Unites States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
6. Selected candidates for this position must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be found suitable to perform the essential duties of a Pharmacist (Clinical); (These medical exams are conducted by the VA at no cost to the candidate). I am willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination if I am selected for this position.
In addition to the basic requirements for employment, each candidate must meet the Minimum Qualifications for the grade level in which they are applying.
Please select the appropriate response for the GS-12 grade level. Pharmacy Specialists are responsible for a major program area within Pharmacy Service (e.g., ADP systems, quality assurance/utilization review, drug information, etc.).
7. For the GS-12: I have the equivalent of one (1) year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), or completion of an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program.
The below questions/statements will be used evaluate your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform the duties of the position. Your answers to the below questions will not be used as a screen out element, and they will only be used for informational purposes. If selected for the position, your application materials will be submitted to the professional standards board for grade level and salary determinations.
The below questions evaluate your knowldge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position at the GS-12 grade level.
For each of the following item(s), choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill and ability. All A, B, or C answers MUST be supported with examples, explanations, or additional information in the space provided, on your resume, or included on other application materials. Failure to provide adequate information to support your answers may result in your final rating being reduced. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I am considered an expert, am consulted by others, or have provided training to others in this area.
8. Utilizes the understanding of professional pharmacy practice.
9. Communicates orally and in writing to both patients and health care staff.
10. Utilizes the laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
11. Monitors and assesses the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
12. Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.