Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Program Analyst
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please select one of the following to show what criteria you meet to apply under Merit Promotion procedures.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal sector developing and prioritizing work plans, establishing internal operating policies and procedures, allocating resources, assigning and evaluating work; providing quality assurance that projects produced by functional units meet appropriate standards; providing leadership, management and direction in conducting congressional liaison and public affairs activities; and supervising staff involved in the planning and conduct of projects designed to improve operations through increased effectiveness and greater efficiency? (You must clearly show how you meet this requirement in your resume.)A. Yes
In this part, you will respond to questions about supervisory/leadership experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience.A- I have performed this task as a supervisor or director of a work unit/group/division.
2. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinate employees.
3. Sets and adjusts short-term priorities.
4. Assigns work based on priorities, consideration of the difficulty and requirement of assignments, and capabilities of employees.
5. Identifies ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work performed.
6. Develops performance goals standards.
7. Evaluates and coaches work performance of subordinate employees.
8. Gives advice or instruction to subordinate employees on work-related and administrative matters
9. Recommends appointment, promotion, and reassignment of employees.
10. Enforces minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands.
11. Identifies developmental and training needs of subordinate employees.
12. Analyzes and defends changes in goals, funding, staffing levels and organizational priorities.
13. Reviews and approves the substance of reports, correspondence, operational guidelines and other documents prepared by subordinate staff.
For each question/statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selections. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had experience in performing this task.
14. Manage the day-to-day operations of an office; providing technical direction to staff.
15. Coordinate assignments to ensure the most productive application of resources consistent with strategic objectives.
16. Provide quality assurance of projects produced by other functional units by reviewing the quality of work performed.
17. Review and analyze reports and other forms of communication for logic, adequacy or evidence, validity of conclusions, appropriations of recommendations, and/or conformance with fundamental principles of effective communication.
18. Maintain a working knowledge of environmental issues, policy development, and program progress that can affect the organization.
19. Monitor trends regarding issues and provide advice and guidance to staff on how to address such issues.
20. Lead, participate, and implement the organizational vision to develop a cohesive, effective, public affairs operation.
21. Negotiate between stakeholders and customers for a win/win perspective.
22. Understand and communicate the goals of the strategic plan and integrate the strategic plan into work.
23. Seek feedback on personal work assignments and provide feedback to improve performance.
24. Develop detailed plans, goals, and objectives for evaluating complaints regarding the management of environmental programs.
25. Advise senior management regarding congressional relations program activities.
26. Provide leadership, management and direction in conducting congressional liaison and public affairs activities.
27. Oversee the editing and publication of audit and evaluation reports quarterly and/or semi-annually to Congress.
28. Ensure that semi-annual reports are timely, accurate and complete.
29. Monitor the contents and format of a sub-agency website to ensure accurate, relevant and timely information is provided to customers.
30. Oversee the operations of functions units including Publications, Congressional and Public affairs activities.
31. Communicate constructive comments and criticism of reports, to help articulate the report's message, negotiate solutions, and to help implement agreed upon solutions.
32. As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.