Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for a Biologist.A. I possess a four year degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position (must submit transcript at time of application submittal).
2. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for a Microbiologist.A. I possess a four year degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent (must submit transcript showing coursework at time of application submittal).
3. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the basic requirements for the Chemist.A. I possess a four year degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics (must submit transcript showing coursework at time of application submittal).
4. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the GS-12 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that included providing scientific and/or regulatory advice on medical product policies and procedures as they relate to counterterrorism, emerging threats, and medical countermeasures; participating in project management activities; and conducting data analyses and assessment of scientific and regulatory issues to identify and recommend solutions to program activities.
5. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the GS-13 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included managing scientific portfolios related to medical product counterterrorism, emerging threats, and countermeasures; conducting data analyses and assessment of scientific and regulatory issues to identify and resolve program activities; and serving and/or leading cross-disciplinary teams that were established to address regulatory science program elements.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
6. Plan projects or program elements to achieve critical or key scientific and regulatory goals.
7. Evaluate projects or program elements to achieve critical or key scientific and regulatory goals.
8. Manage the short and long range plans related to his/her program elements.
9. Collaborate with scientific and product development experts on program issues.
10. Manage a prioritized and productive regulatory science portfolio.
11. Review technical progress reports to ensure compliance with regulations and procedures.
12. Conduct integrated evaluation and coordination across organizational structures.
13. Analyze program policies to determine if modifications and/or new policies and procedures are needed.
14. Conduct studies related to scientific and regulatory activities to assess productivity improvement needs.
15. Represent a program in discussions of scientific and technical issues with other scientific, medical, and/or regulatory personnel.
16. Present scientific information (e.g., data findings, observations, regulatory interpretations) to colleagues and management.
17. Advise external stakeholders, consumers, and other counterparts on scientific, technical or regulatory issues impacting public health.
18. Organize and lead workshops or scientific meetings.
19. Prepare reports based on scientific findings relating to policies and procedures.
20. Write procedures or guidance to improve program operations and processes.
21. Prepare position papers, technical summaries, and presentations.
22. Participate in the development of scientific policies and procedures.