Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 818545
Social Services Representative
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (08-08) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?
2. Are you claiming Veterans Preference and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty?
3. Are you current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action?
The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid State drivers license in order to fully perform the duties/functions of this position.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following responses. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-8, SOCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Collect pertinent information form clients to determine eligibility for financial assistance.
7. Conduct home visists to determine client and family conditions and living circumstances.
8. Utilize local resource agencies tribal, county, state and federal for assistance as needed.
9. Assess needs of clients to determine the resources available to families based on eligibility.
10. Identify resource agencies to coordinate services for families.
11. Follow government best practices and agencys safety protocols.
12. Assist with coordination of services between child protection services, child protection team/mdt and law enforcement in crisis situations i.e., child neglect, phsyical and sexual abuse.
13. Conduct interviews, assessments and case plans for high risk families affected by alcohol, chemicals, and/or abuse of prescription drugs.
14. Provide intervention of home based services to children and their families at risk for removal due to abuses of alcohol, chemicals and prescription drugs.
15. Achieve permanency or reunification for children who have been in and out of home placements due to abuses of alcohol, chemicals or prescription drugs.
16. Provide follow-up services with permanency/reunification plans are achieved.
17. Conduct interviews and gather information from home visits and makes collateral contacts as needed.
18. Utilized good judgement in locating and applying the appropriate Federal Regulations, Bureau manuals, Federa/State/Tribal Law and Order codes.
19. Develop distribution plans for release of minor supervised IIM account funds which involve budgeting and counseling with minors, parents and guardians.
20. Provide guidance and documentation in IIM case files.
21. Verify 25, Code of Federal Regulations and official memoranda consistent with Social Services practices.
22. Encode data into social services computer software system.
23. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
24. Analyze data generated to identify and understand needs of clients.
25. Communicate findings with supervisor and other Human Services staff to make adjustments within the program.
26. Maintain case records, appropriate documentation and regulations pertaining to records management.
FACTOR ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY ORALLY AND IN WRITING WITH CLIENTS AND OTHER SERVICES
27. Consult with local resource programs, tribal court, law enforcement, schools and treatment facilities in planning meth awareness and prevention activities.
28. Prepare presentations to school, community memebers, tribal programs and other agencies to promote healthy lifestyles, free from chemical dependencies.
29. Provide local statistical reports to use in presentations to articulate needs for community support.
30. Provide information to Supervisor, Superintendent and Tribal Council as to local trends affecting children and families.
31. Communicate effectively to the community programs and makes recommendation to tribal courts, law enforcement and clients.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
32. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.