Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at Common Hiring Authorities. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50's or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Navy Civilian Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of the Navy (Navy or Marine Corps) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
3. I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. From the responses below, select ONE response that best describes how you meet the basic requirements for this position (Note- education/experience must be substantiated in your resume):A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in Federal Service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector assisting with maintaining databases, websites, and/or other materials with information pertaining to upcoming work requests and funding deadlines, and requirements.
2. From the responses below, select ONE response that best describes how you meet the basic requirements for this position (Note- education/experience must be substantiated in your resume):A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in Federal Service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector preparing, reviewing and submitting requests for funding for work assignments.
KNOWLEDGE OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES SUPPORTING SPONSORED PROGRAMS (PART 1)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
3. Maintain electronic and hard-copy files on command activities in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and supervisor instruction.
4. Compile reports for the purpose of documenting and tracking funding requests.
5. Prepare checklists to notify faculty of proposal submission timelines.
6. Maintain status tracking records to provide updates to management.
KNOWLEDGE OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES SUPPORTING SPONSORED PROGRAMS (PART 2)
7. Prepare reports related to requests for, status of, and execution of funding.
8. Review processes to recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
KNOWLEDGE OF PROPOSAL BUDGET PROCESS AND PROCEDURES (PART 1)
9. Review proposal components, including documents to ensure they are prepared, reviewed and revised as needed, and ready for on time submission.
10. Compile supporting documentation to support calls for proposals.
11. Receive funding or award documents to match to pending requests.
12. Assist in the development of budgets and/or budget justifications to ensure funds are planned.
KNOWLEDGE OF PROPOSAL BUDGET PROCESS AND PROCEDURES (PART 2)
13. Initiate follow-up on funding requests remaining in an unfunded status to take necessary action as appropriate.
14. Confirm full or partial funding for project to request account budget alignment accordingly.
SKILL IN OPERATING OFFICE AUTOMATED SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS (PART1)
15. Upload required documents via a proposal submission portal (e.g. grants.gov, FastLane, NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES), etc.) to ensure timely submission.
16. Maintain a database of all funded research and other sponsored activities to track information regarding funding.
17. Maintain databases, websites, and/or other materials with information pertaining to upcoming funding opportunities, deadlines, requirements, suitability.
18. Utilize a variety of sources (e.g. grants.gov, National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Defense agency websites, and general web searches) to compile lists of funding opportunities available to faculty.
SKILL IN OPERATING OFFICE AUTOMATED SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS (PART 2)
19. Maintain a database of all outgoing proposals to track the status in transit.
20. Maintain SharePoint and/or other databases to support information sharing among and between internal and/or external customers.
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE ORALLY AND IN WRITING (PART 1)
21. Prepare communications with faculty to alert them to the status of account establishment and/or the need for additional information.
22. Coordinate with Comptroller upon the receipt of funding to provide all necessary information for account establishment.
23. Provide status updates to faculty to ensure appropriate lead-time to respond to unaddressed monitoring and reporting requirements.
24. Notify faculty of upcoming funding opportunities to support proposal planning.
25. Initiate correspondence to outside agencies (e.g. institution, principal investigators, and sponsoring agencies) to clarify or provide information on the financial request process.
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE ORALLY AND IN WRITING (PART 2)
26. Prepare letters of support to include with proposal submissions.
27. Coordinate with appropriate office to resolve any issues with proposed work (e.g. involving human subjects, export control, or potential conflicts of interest.)
28. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.