THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Please indicate the level of experience that qualifies you for a GS-301-12 Emergency Management Specialist position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in providing resolutions of problems of planning, project development, and grants management activities, and intergovernmental relations.
2. Please indicate the level of experience that qualifies you for a GS-0301-13 Emergency Management Specialist position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in providing technical assistance, analysis, monitoring, and policy interpretation in support of grants management processes, form project-scoping, through application development, review, award, implementation, and close-out.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of the Federal grants management rules, OMB circulars, policies, principles, practices and techniques.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
3. Ability to review and recommend approval of projects applications, cost overruns, modifications, extensions, and appeals.
4. Coordinates project reviews with engineers for technical feasibility and adequacy, with Benefit-Cost analysts for cost-effectiveness requirements of OMB A-94.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and experience with Mitigation Grant Programs.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
5. Ability to serve as a HMA Specialist for program implementation of the FEMA hazard mitigation programs to include: Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP); Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) program; Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) program; Repetitive Flood Claims (RFC) program; Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) program.
6. Knowledge and understanding of how the FEMA hazard mitigation programs relate to State and local hazard mitigation planning per 44 CFR 201.
7. Coordinate with the Public Assistance Program's mitigation activities under Section 406 of the Stafford Act for repair of public facilities.
8. Maintain and utilize the Agency's hazard mitigation data base and other grant systems (NEMIS, eGrants, SQANet and unified platforms). This includes responsibility for assuring the accuracy of the database and the integrity of the data base management system.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and direct experience in building partnerships with States, Locals and Tribes to promote mitigation programs.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
9. Ability to serve as a program manager for implementation of the mitigation grant programs.
10. Ability to serve as a liaison to State counterparts.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to speak effectively with diverse groups on technical and potentially highly contentious and controversial issues, and to render information and opinion into an easily understood written form.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
11. Develops and presents materials for briefings, training workshops, and conferences with other divisions, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, and private organizations promoting hazard mitigation concepts, policies, and procedures.
12. Prepares responses to a wide variety of correspondence and issue papers requiring research and preparation of clear and concise replies.
13. Analyzes complex problems and interrelated issues to develop positive solutions and maintain effective working relationships.