Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Psychologist, Emporia CBOC
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (13) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
This section includes items related to the basic eligibility requirements for this vacancy and are related to graduate program and internship accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program or participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs and internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education and/or internship status. You may only select one response for each item.
1. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), OR in the next couple of months will be a graduate of such a program?A. Yes.
2. Have you completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time you completed the internship, OR in the next couple of months will have completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time you completed the internship?A. Yes.
In addition to meeting the baisc education requirement, you must also possess specialized experience and/or directly related training to qualify for this position.
3. In applying for the GS-13 grade level, in addition to the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, do you have at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level? Specialized experience would be experience which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and which is typically related to the work of the position to be filled.A. Yes.
4. In applying for the GS-13 grade level, have you completed a post-doctoral fellowship training program? Training as a fellow may substitute for creditable experience on a year-for-year basis.A. Yes.
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. This requirement may be waived for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment, on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the appointment. The following item is for informational purposes only - you will not be screened in or out of the selection process on the basis of your response to this item.
5. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes.
The following items are related to agency employment eligibility requirements. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to each of the following questions.
6. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
7. Can you proficiently speak, read, write, and understand the English language?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Propose an action plan with recommendations to address clinical, research, or organizational problems.
9. Evaluate input and feedback from team members to facilitate collaborative decision making.
10. Identify and evaluate the potential impact and consequences of alternatives in making clinical, administrative, or organizational decisions.
11. Identify psychological diagnostic tests and other procedures to assess the behavioral, emotional, functional, or psychological condition of patients.
12. Administer psychological diagnostic tests and other procedures to assess the emotional, functional, or psychological condition of patients.
13. Interpret the results of psychological diagnostic tests and assessments to develop patient treatment plans.
14. Diagnose mental disorders using information collected from the administration of psychological assessments.
15. Plan clinical treatment for individual patients based on psychological assessment data.
16. Plan psychological intervention strategies as part of a multidisciplinary team.
17. Provide comprehensive, evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual, family, and group psychotherapy to meet the needs of patients.
18. Develop comprehensive, customized psychological or behavioral health treatment plans for patients with complicating factors (e.g., physical disabilities, lack of support or resources).
19. Develop new and unique treatment plans to meet the needs of patients that have made minimal progress in prior treatment programs.
20. Recommend newly proven or experimental psychological or behavioral health treatment when a clinically sound and professional argument can be made.
21. Evaluate effectiveness of psychological or behavioral health treatment strategies to adjust practices as necessary.
The next three questions refer to "customers." Customers are defined as clients, colleagues, or any individuals to whom services are provided.
22. Assess customer satisfaction to identify methods to improve services.
23. Implement recommendations to improve the quality of services delivered to customers.
24. Explain psychological assessment results, interventions, or outcomes to customers to ensure understanding.
25. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.