Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 07.
Reasonable Accommodations for taking the online assessments are provided on a case-by-case basis only to qualified individuals with a disability covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
Do you have a disability (physical or mental) that you believe will interfere with completing the online assessments and require a Reasonable Accommodation?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you currently an employee with the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs?A. YES
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-7/9A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience. Applicants who meet the basic qualifications as described above qualify for the Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-07/09.A. I have one year of experience, equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in the Federal service, gathering and performing standard analyses of scientific data; and preparing reports on scientific/technical study findings.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Interpret Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act regulations that deal with regulatory issues and provide advice to industries/individuals regarding compliance.
5. Formulate recommendations based on background and understanding of policies, regulations, procedures and information.
6. Advise on new technology related to new programs, laws and regulations, significant court decisions and any new findings.
7. Respond to questions and inquiries from Federal, State and local agencies regarding FDA.
8. Conduct regulatory inspections and investigations.
9. Collects samples and conduct field analyses involving weighing, measuring and counting to determine degree of consistency with Good Manufacturing Practices and efficacy of quality controls.
10. Review reports of inspections and investigations for violations to determine the sufficiency of the evidence.
11. Make recommendations to management officials as to whether or not a firm/individual is in compliance with regulatory procedures
12. Review and evaluate test methods and new automated methods of processing and analyzing.
13. Provide advisory, liaison and consultative services to regulated industries, State and Federal agencies and management.
14. Provide testimony in court regarding condition of the manufacturer and circumstances surrounding samples/data collected.
15. Initiate contact with industry officials to obtain basic incomplete or missing information on regulatory and scientific documents.
16. Develop and maintain effective communication with regulated industry, consumer groups and the general public.
17. Prepare memoranda, briefings and other background material.
18. Research and prepare final background and decision papers for the signature of upper management.
19. Prepare final reports, position papers and other written documentation that supports investigative findings and recommendations for assigned programmatic activities.