Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated.
Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. Failure to provide your Social Security Number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 819332
If not already selected, please indicate your lowest acceptable pay plan, grade level, or pay band:
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Please select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and willing to accept employment.
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
Please answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate response. If the question does not apply you may skip that question. NOTE: Applicants are responsible for claiming their appropriate eligibility/eligibilities. We are not responsible for erroneous eligibilities that you list or those you fail to list.
1. Air Force Employee- I am a current permanent competitive service civilian Career or Career-Conditional Air Force Employee.A. Yes
2. I am a current General Schedule (GS) employee and my current GS grade is as indicated below. (Note: if your current GS grade is higher than a GS-09 please go to the next question).A. GS-01 Through GS-04
3. I am a current General Schedule (GS) employee and my current GS grade is as indicated below.A. GS-10
4. I am a current permanent federal service employee and I am applying for this position to be considered as a:A. Promotion Candidate
5. If you have held a permanent General Schedule position in the competitive service in the last 52 weeks, please select the highest grade you have held for at least 52 weeks. If you have not held a GS position in the last 52 weeks, please skip this question. If the highest grade you have held for at least 52 weeks is not in the General Schedule, please select the GS grade equivalent to the highest grade you have held. If your highest GS grade or equivalent is above the GS-09, please proceed to the next question.A. I do not know my highest GS grade or equivalent.
6. If you have held a permanent General Schedule position in the competitive service in the last 52 weeks, please select the highest grade you have held for at least 52 weeks. If you have not held a GS position in the last 52 weeks, please skip this question. If the highest grade you have held for at least 52 weeks is not in the General Schedule, please select the GS grade equivalent to the highest grade you have held.A. GS-10
7. I am retired from Federal civilian service and receiving an annuity.A. Yes
Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes
8. DoD Transfer (Excluding Air Force)- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional DoD (Army, Navy, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
9. 30% Disabled Veteran- I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.
10. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)- I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND my discharge was performed under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.
11. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)- I am a disabled veteran; or a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; or a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or I have separated from active duty within the past 3 years; AND separated under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package. Applicants eligible under the VRA appointing authority may be appointed to any grade level for which qualified up to GS-11 or equivalent.
12. People with Disabilities- I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a certification statement from a state Vocational Rehabilitation Service (state or private), Department of Veterans Affairs, a licensed medical professional (e.g., a Physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); or any Federal agency, State agency or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits along with your application/resume package.
13. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
This section is used to determine if your current performance rating is acceptable for further consideration. All applicants must read the following statement and select the most appropriate response.
14. All current federal employees must have a minimum performance rating of acceptable or higher to be considered for placement. Current federal employees who have a current unacceptable performance rating will be excluded from consideration. NOTE: Failure to select one of the below responses will render you ineligible for further consideration.A. I am a current federal employee and have a current acceptable performance rating or higher.
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic experience and/or education needed to qualify for Family and Guidance Counselor, GS 1740-09, position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS ITEM WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best represents your highest level of experience or education. Select only one letter. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS ITEM WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.A. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements generally as stated in paragraph A in the individual occupational requirements. Where specific course requirements are not indicated in paragraph A, the number of semester hours required to constitute a major field of study is the amount specified by the college or university attended. If this number cannot be obtained, 24 semester hours will be considered as equivalent to a major field of study. The nature and quality of this required course work must have been such that it would serve as a prerequisite for more advanced study in the field or subject-matter area. Related course work generally refers to courses that may be accepted as part of the program major.
This section will be used to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirement for this position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience relevant to the position of Guidance Counselor, GS-09 grade level. SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have at least fifty-two (52), weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal Service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. An example of specialized experience is those; serve as technical expert applying knowledge of education theories and principles of secondary, adult or continuing education programs to administer a wide variety of education and training programs.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience performing these duties. Please ensure your resume supports the experience you indicate you possess. You may only select one letter for each item.
3. Serve as technical expert applying knowledge of education theories and principles of secondary, adult or continuing education programs to administer a wide variety of education and training programs.
4. Provide academic counseling to individuals pursing undergraduate, graduate, vocational and professional developmental opportunities
5. Select, administer and interpret diagnostic interest, aptitude and achievement tests to assist individuals in establishing realistic education and vocational goals
6. Plan, develop and implement education and training projects to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
7. Perform test control responsibilities ensuring compliance with guidelines for administering and securing accountable test materials.
8. Manage and use critical databases assuring student records are complete and accurate.
9. Provide information, briefings to promote awareness of available educational and training programs.
10. Assist with development of appropriate criteria to evaluate and improve program effectiveness.
11. Implement education programs in accordance with established directives to ensure program integrity.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
12. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.