Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Biologist, GS 401-9 position.A. I have successfully completed at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university that included a major field of study in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for the Biologist 401-9.A. 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree. (Degree has to be relevant to the position).
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience
and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.
3. Performs a variety of experiments in support of research programs and projects in electron microscopy.
4. Provides orientation and training to professional staff and others on the methods and procedures used in an electron microscopy laboratory.
5. Maintains awareness of current research and new methodological developments in the field of electron microscopy.
6. Collects, organizes and arranges data to prepare tables, charts, graphs, summaries, and other materials for effective presentation of experimental results and/or for inclusion in publications.
7. Collects, stabilizes and processes/extracts sensitive biological samples from whole animal and cell culture studies.
8. Handles biological samples safely to assure accurate transfer of materials and to avoid contamination.
9. Organizing and maintaining an electron microscopy laboratory and equipment.
10. Calibrate, operate and maintain laboratory equipment commonly used on assigned research projects.
11. Orders and maintains laboratory supplies
12. Maintains complete, detailed records of all experiments performed and prepares written instructions of standard laboratory procedures.
13. Discusses the scope and objectives of the research project with research scientist and recommends methods of analysis in the design of the experiment.
14. Assembles data to assist the investigator in the interpretation of the data and preparation of the data in a final form for publications in scientific journals.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.A. Yes.