Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (00) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement. Current federal employees: to determine if you are on an Excepted Service appointment, look at block 34 of your latest SF-50.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
2. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
1. Do you have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association or will graduate within 6 months of the closing date of this announcement?
2. . Have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
3. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
4. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
5. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in the application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5. C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - For each task below, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If selecting A, B, or C you need to clearly demonstrate examples of your specific experience and/or training within the work history section of your resume/CV.
6. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
7. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
8. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
9. Knowledge and ability to apply advanced professional theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
10. Ability to provide professional advice and consolation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
11. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
12. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies for Veterans with health related stressors most likely seen in a primary care setting such as weight management, anxiety and situational depression.
13. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures, in particular evidence-based therapeutic practices.
14. Ability to administer, score, and interpret objective and subjective personality measures, as well as standardized intelligence and achievement test.
15. Ability to incorporate psychological test findings into a thorough comprehensive report that includes a diagnostic summary and treatment recommendation.
16. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies for Veterans with more serious mental illness and co-morbid substance, most likely seen in an inpatient setting.
Select Yes or No to the statement below.
17. I am a United States Citizen.