1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Your response to the question below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Agricultural Economist position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your education, experience, or combination of education and experience for the GS-14 level.
Knowledge of agricultural economics, including commodity markets, farm input markets, marketing and transportation, resources and technology, food and retail markets, and world agricultural trade.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Gather and disseminate information on developments in the food and agriculture industry.
4. Perform complex analysis on a variety of agricultural economics topics, including commodity markets, farm input markets, marketing and transportation, resources and technology, food and retail markets, and world agricultural trade.
5. Perform economic research and analysis related to agriculture, food, natural resources, and rural America.
6. Anticipate the need for economic intelligence in diverse topic areas relating to food and agriculture.
7. Assist authors in the transformation of technical research information into articles and informational materials.
8. Provide diverse audiences with insights into U.S. and world food and agricultural systems and the rural economy.
9. Prepare informational materials on the economic analysis of food and agriculture for a non-research audience.
10. Lead the development of policy-sensitive materials for use by agricultural industry officials and the general food, farm, and agricultural community.
11. Manage, design, and produce paper and electronic materials in the dissemination of agricultural economic information.
12. Plan and prepare print and web materials, including research manuscripts, newsletters, and special reports.
13. Develop and publish articles through a rigorous clearance process within tightly scheduled deadlines.
14. Develop educational materials for public interest groups and the general public.
15. Review and evaluate informational content submitted for publication.
16. Manage and coordinate the efforts of a publication team, including editors, designers, and others.
17. Coordinate the editing and dissemination of information in support of economic research and analysis.
18. Lead comprehensive economic analysis on the developments in the food and agriculture sectors.
19. Interpret and synthesize highly complex analyses of food and agricultural issues.
20. Evaluate food and agricultural industry trends in order to provide the latest agricultural economic developments to a variety of audiences.
21. Plan and coordinate the publication or dissemination of diverse, policy-sensitive articles and materials.
22. Participate in formulating broad information policies and programs for a large organization.
23. Interpret economic analysis and explain analytical results and policy implications to others.
24. Discuss food and agricultural policy issues with analysts, upper level management officials, and editorial staff.
25. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.