Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Additional Minimum Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-601-14.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement to include experience providing scientific oversight of systematic reviews, engagement of review teams with prominent subject matter experts with diverse viewpoints, and project management. Experience in evaluation of studies with various experimental and quasi-experimental designs and experience in managing projects and personnel.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Lead scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
4. Knowledge in the fields of epidemiology, survey research and public health surveillance, demography, statistics, and program development and evaluation.
5. Serve as expert in health sciences for the agency.
6. Responsibility for developing policy and objectives, appraising programs, and initiating requirements for health science studies.
7. Serve as advisor for planning, design, implementation, and analysis of projects.
8. Design, oversee, implement, and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects.
9. Identify and analyzes public health issues and their impact on scientific operations that are critical to the public health community at large.
10. Analyze epidemiologic investigation data utilizing new methodologies or existing techniques that have been extensively revised.
11. Conduct major statistical studies or continuing projects that represent an important segment of the center's primary investigative program.
12. Conduct scientific projects and analyzes public health issues.
13. Lead scientists and program staff/consultants in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
14. Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement.
15. Assist subject-matter experts in the design of studies conducted within or sponsored by the program.
16. Provide technical advice and assistance to state and local health agencies, and to various other health related organizations.
17. Analyze and report of data dissemination to various audiences.
18. Provide advice and assistance in evaluating the methodology of past and proposed studies conducted within the program.
19. Supervise employees.
20. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work.
21. Assign work based on priorities, considering difficulty and requirements of assignments as well as the capabilities of employees.
22. Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
23. Redirect assignments based on workload and priorities.
24. Hear and resolve complaints from employees.
25. Identify developmental and training needs of employees and arranges for needed development and training.
26. Written communication skills.
27. Clearly communicates complex scientific and technical information for publication in scientific journals and for peer review.
28. Prepare and provides timely status reports to the supervisor and management.
29. Provide effective guidance to staff assisting in content development of the systematic reviews.
30. Verbal communication skills.
31. Interact with high level officials and representatives from public and private public health organizations.
32. Ability to communicate scientific and technical information in an understandable manner.
33. Collaborate on projects/studies and coordinates efforts with other program staff to present to other CDC Centers, other federal agencies, state and local health agencies, and private and non-private organizations.
34. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.