PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. The information you provide will be verified.
1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience (1) in contracting, procurement, and project management of civil engineering, hydrologic and hydraulic professional services; (2) and in delivering effective presentations to a wide variety of audiences dealing with technical information related to flood hazard information.A. Yes, I have the experience in both areas as described above.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in the areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement (A,B,C,D,E) that best reflects your level of experience. Please remember that each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
KSA # 1 - Ability to analyze current or projected operating systems.
2. Conduct evaluations of project operations, procedures and organizational structures to identify problems or inefficiencies and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Multi-Hazard Flood Map Modernization (Map Mod).
3. Experience using analytical techniques in a fact-finding or problem solving exercise as a team leader or in an isolated assignment.
KSA #2 - Knowledge of practices and techniques of floodplain mapping and geographical information systems.
4. Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems in floodplain mapping.
5. Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems in other civil engineering applications.
KSA #3 - Ability to perform project management and oversight duties.
6. Experience in performing project management and oversight duties on complex engineering and other related projects.
7. Evaluate and monitor Map Modernization activities by tracking, reporting and predicting cost, schedule, and performance outcomes related to Map Mod implementation.
KSA #4 - Ability to communicate in writing
8. Experience in writing correspondence to high-level officials on technical issues which require the ability to disseminate complex information.
9. Assist in the development of position papers, staff papers, and/or special studies as it relates to Map Modernization.
KSA #5 - Ability to communicate verbally and make public presentations
10. Experience in conducting meetings, public forums and presentations before public officials on complex and controversial issues.
11. Meet with grant/cooperative agreement recipients to negotiate necessary change requirements in their plans and proposals.