Thank you for your interest in an Government Information Specialist position with the Department of Veterans Affairs. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Government Information Specialist work at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.
2. Assess privacy risks associated with programs, operations, and technology.
3. Safeguard Government Information while supporting accountability of transparency.
4. Provide guidance and advice on policy and processes in regards to Privacy Act issues.
5. Make determination about disclosures, issuance of denials, redactions, and access to federal agency records in relations to Freedom of Information Act issues and requirements.
6. Testify or present evidence in court or at administrative proceedings.
7. Keep abreast of recent developments in the field of disclosure, including court and department decision, and legislation resolutions.
8. Review and analyze appeals from denials of access to records requested under Freedom of Information Act and recommends final agency decisions on release/non-lease of records.
9. Serve as a liaison to external customers and recipients to clarify and resolve issues.
10. Research, analyze and evaluate data for response to information requests.
11. Plan and conduct educational training sessions on FOIA Privacy Act requirements and other information policies.
12. Representing an organization on issues related to the FOIA Privacy Act and other information privacy requirements
13. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.