Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-9 Victim Witness Specialist.
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-11 Victim Witness Specialist.
3. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS12 Victim Witness Specialist.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Providing in-court support during hearings and trials
5. Managing witness travel services
6. Reviewing literature on victim witness issues
7. Analyzing changes in legislation, case law, and court rules
8. Representing the office on task forces, committees, and working groups regarding victim-witness issues
9. Coordinating with investigative agencies to identify cases with victims and obtain victim contact information
10. Advocating on behalf of crime victims with other agencies, creditors, credit reporting agencies, and/or businesses
11. Assisting staff by securing specialized victim and witness services
12. Providing information and resources to attorneys, staff members, and law enforcement on victim-witness issues
13. Receiving calls and correspondence from victims and witnesses concerning difficulties they may experience as a direct result of a crime
14. Providing information to victims on schedule changes, status of defendant's pleas, and/ or results of trial
15. Coordinating with various law enforcement agencies
16. Managing automated victim notification system
17. Coordinating efforts with victim services providers, social services, and prosecution based victim-witness staff
18. Obtaining services and assistance for victims and witnesses through specific federal programs and funds
19. Administering special programs and funds for victims and witnesses
20. Ensuring regular and effective functioning of the victim witness programs
21. Responding to victim inquiries, assessing victim concerns, and determining program eligibility for victim-witness services
22. Maintaining records and providing oversight of special programs and funds
23. Providing issue analysis, recommendations, and advice on victim-witness matters
24. Generating statistical reports and analyses of program activity
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
25. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department