Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in an Information Technology Specialist (Information Security) position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the IT-related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work.A. I have IT related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes: conducting analyses and recommending resolution of issues affecting complex assignments; delivering IT services and products based upon evaluation of client needs and requirements; providing advice and guidance on a wide range of IT issues; and testing and optimizing the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal Service performing the following duties: 1) developing strategies or methods to identify and decrease security risks or vulnerabilities to IT systems for a department; 2) implementing IT infrastructure and services in compliance with identified business needs and requirements; 3) evaluating the current security of IT systems and infrastructure to recommend revised or new policies, procedures and guidance; 4) serving as technical authority for management on the design, development and security measures for IT systems and infrastructure and; 5) preparing written guidance on department-wide IT systems security measures, policies and procedures.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop strategies to identify, evaluate and lessen risks or vulnerabilities to IT systems security
4. Implement IT systems security plans, procedures and policies in compliance with legislative requirements
5. Evaluate proposed new IT systems, networks, and software designs to identify potential security risks
6. Review current IT policies to identify modifications based upon new security technologies or threats
7. Provide recommendations or solutions to reduce IT security risk to systems or infrastructure
8. Interpret existing policies, procedures and strategies to improve the planning and delivery of IT services for a department
9. Design IT Systems to fulfill current and future business requirements
10. Recommend methods to integrate new IT systems with existing technological infrastructure
11. Provide solutions to integration or inoperability issues with IT programs and services
12. Evaluate client needs to identify the scope, requirements and deliverables of IT project
13. Perform feasibility studies to identify current and future needs of IT systems
14. Develop methods to evaluate IT policy effectiveness and compliance
15. Plan schedules, resource requirements, and milestones for IT projects
16. Provide expert advice and recommendations to management on critical IT issues
17. Communicate complex technical requirements with non-technical personnel
18. Maintain liaison with external contacts to gather and exchange technological information and developments for IT projects
19. Negotiate with management and employees to accept findings or recommendations on changes to IT policies or regulations
20. Develop written standard operating procedures on IT systems security procedures and policies
21. Contribute to the writing of final reports on IT systems security directives
22. Write policies on IT security programs to for department-wide dissemination