Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code below to be considered for this position.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Warning Statement: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.A. I agree with the warning statement above and will not overstate or understate my level of experience and demonstrated capability.
2. Please select the one statement that best describes the Information Technology (IT) related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform GS-15 Information Technology Specialist (Information Security) work. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
3. Please select the response that BEST describes the specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for GS-15 Information Technology Specialist (Information Security) work. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Implement strategies for security planning and/or testing to eliminate information system vulnerabilities.
5. Apply information systems/network security guidelines to protect services and capabilities.
6. Formulate agency or organization level information technology (IT) initiatives in response to critical IT security issues.
7. Coordinate the implementation of security programs across platforms.
8. Develop agency/organization wide information security programs and strategies, i.e., workforce security training program and/or security audit program.
9. Integrate areas e.g., configuration management, information technology architecture, infrastructure design, and systems integration aspects, into information technology project plans.
10. Ensure that all aspects of a project are aligned with government/organization wide enterprise architecture taking into account future infrastructure requirements.
11. Determine the appropriate information technology products or services with stakeholder clients to define project areas, e.g., scope, requirements, and deliverables.
12. Manage information technology project resources and monitor their output to mitigate risks.
13. Develop solutions to integration/interoperability information technology issues for an agency or organization.
14. Make recommendations for resolving information technology issues and requirements for an agency or organization.
15. Apply new developments to previously unsolvable information technology problems.
16. Make decisions that influence agency or organization information technology policies or programs.
17. Provide technical advice to top management officials on matters relating to new or modified basic policies and programs that affect or relate to current and existing IT functions and programs.
18. Present briefings to senior management officials on controversial information technology issues.
19. Negotiate with senior management officials to accept positions on agency/organization wide information technology policy initiatives.
20. Present policy project status briefings concerning long-range information technology plans to top levels of management and special interest groups.
21. Write information technology project management procedures, tools, and templates that align internal business practices with organization/government wide regulations and policies, such as those pertinent to systems with information technology enterprise-wide architecture.
22. Develop polices, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of information technology services throughout the agency or organization.
23. Write vulnerability reporting criteria for information technology security programs.
24. Develop audit policy and reporting mechanisms for ensuring compliance with the information assurance standards.
25. Certification of Information Accuracy: I have taken an opportunity to review my responses to ensure their accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.