Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 - Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position as Microbiologist at the highest grade level posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment/Non-Competitive Promotion if you, on a permanent basis, currently hold, or previously held, a position as Microbiologist at the GS-13 grade level or above, which has or had promotion potential to the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
Choose 003 - Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position as Chemist at the highest grade level posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 004 - Reassignment/Non-Competitive Promotion if you, on a permanent basis, currently hold, or previously held, a position as Chemist at the GS-13 grade level or above, which has or had promotion potential to the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-13 Supervisory Interdisciplinary Scientist position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to succesfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least GS-12 level in the Federal Service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to statement two. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement for this position.
2. I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.A. Yes
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-0403, Microbiologist.A. I have at least bachelor's degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
4. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-1320, Chemist.A. I have at least a bachelor's degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics.
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
5. I am a current permanent employee of the Food and Drug Administration.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
6. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
7. Establish quality standards to ensure consistency of the products or services provided by a work unit.
8. Initiate and adjust short-term work priorities.
9. Evaluate the work performance and quality of work outputs of subordinates.
10. Coordinate and integrate two or more science-based work assignments, projects, or program segments.
11. Review work produced by individuals within a work unit to ensure conformance with formal standards or organizational policies.
12. Coordinate work efforts with other work unit supervisors to meet organizational goals and deal with requirements and problems.
13. Plan work assignments to be accomplished by subordinates.
14. Assign work based on priorities and capabilities of employees.
15. Hear and resolve complaints from employees.
16. Identify and separate issues of critical importance from those of routine importance for consideration by higher levels of supervision.
17. Analyze and evaluate the impact of legislation, regulations, policies and/or procedures on the ability of a work unit to effectively execute science-based program activities.
18. Provide technical expertise in resolving issues that affect program administration.
19. Recommend modifications or improvements of policies and procedures to ensure that quality goals are met.
20. Evaluate alternatives and disputed facts to arrive at sound, logical conclusions.
21. Participate in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentations involving policy or procedural issues of consequence to an organization.
22. Influence, motivate or control individuals or groups to achieve a common understanding of policy issues and concerns to obtain compliance with established policies and regulations.
23. Research and implement ways to eliminate or reduce barriers to work assignments.
24. Identify developmental needs of subordinates and find ways to provide developmental opportunities to those individuals.
25. Develop and write policies, regulations, and instructions for organizational programs.
26. Write procedures for use by internal or external groups providing scientific or technical support services.
27. Provide program expertise, guidance and information in written formats to technical personnel in other organizational components.
28. Write comprehensive technical evaluations, reviews, reports, or instructional materials.
29. Write procedural clarifications on regulations and policy issues affecting the work performed by specialists.
30. Explain provisions of applicable laws, regulations, and policies to individuals of varying ability of comprehension.
31. Conduct technical discussions and negotiations with individuals inside and outside of the organization.
32. Present technical reports, seminars, or instructions to an audience.