Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 819517
Information Technology Program Manager (Information Security Services) - CANCELLED
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following three questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. Choose the statement below that best describes how you meet the Qualifications Requirements of an Information Technology Program Manager (Information Security Services), GS-2210-13 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-13 level because I have IT related experience demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that I possess all of the following four competencies: 1. Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; 4. Problem Solving - identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations, AND, (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in Federal Service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting others in system security evaluation and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process; ensuring that IT systems comply with applicable Information Security laws and regulations; examining all system changes from an enterprise-wide perspective, and making recommendations to engineering and management staff regarding system changes; maintaining a record of system security control compliance and continually monitoring systems.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response. You must provide sufficient to enable us to determine if you meet the requirement for qualifying experience (as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section) and to support your answers to the online questionnaire. Providing insufficient details in your resume may result in a lower or ineligible rating.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Providing technical guidance to management on security aspects of planning, analysis, design, development, testing and quality assurance, configuration and implementation, and/or management of enterprise-wide network and office automation architecture and infrastructure.
3. Providing guidance to technical staff on all matters relating to securing office automation systems, including performing the certification and accreditation (C&A) process for enterprise systems.
4. Communicating with engineering and management staff for all matters pertaining to securing the General Support System and Major Applications.
5. Managing the system development life cycle (SDLC) documentation for new and existing systems, and verifying system compliance with all federal and agency security requirements by inspecting configurations, performing system tests, and interviewing systems stakeholders.
6. Maintaining a record of system security control compliance and continually monitoring systems.
7. Recommending failure prevention, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery procedures, mechanism, and tests.
8. Developing Information Security support services goals, expectations and priorities.
9. Establishing metrics and other performance measures to assess Certification and Accreditation (C&A) progress.
10. Establishing project schedules and delivery timelines to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
11. Analyzing allocated project resources and budgets to determine whether they meet current or projected organizational and customer requirements.
12. Recommending adjustments to account for changes in requirements, advances in technology, or availability of resources.
13. Managing change control strategies for projects to ensure that system upgrades are aligned with established agency procedures.
14. Developing Statement of Work for Information Technology (IT) Security Service projects.
15. Evaluating information technology (IT) contract proposals and managing contract deliverables to assess soundness, impact on schedules and requirements for task order modifications.
16. Making recommendations that significantly influence agency-wide IT policies and programs related to information security services.
17. Ensuring that work products are consistent and compliant with applicable security, technical, and agency-wide standards.
18. Developing, testing, and implementing information security concepts, methods, tools, and technologies including those associated with Server and Desktop virtualization, LAN switching and infrastructure, Cloud Computing, and Storage as a Service.
19. Applying IT principles, methods, and techniques to project planning, management, monitoring, control and execution to IT security services.
20. Integrating program operations and initiatives with other functional areas, organizations, and programs to address mission critical requirements related to IT security services.
21. Coordinating procurement activities and financial control requirements with the appropriate functional staffs.
22. Coordinating technical activities with staffs assigned to other projects to ensure appropriate integration regarding IT security services.
23. Ensuring that information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment.
24. Maintaining valid system contingency and disaster recovery information for all systems.
25. Examining all system changes from an enterprise-wide perspective, and making recommendations to engineering and management staff regarding system changes.
26. Developing and maintaining strategic plans for information technology security services.
27. Participating with other key staff to identify and develop creative responses to IT workforce planning and management issues.
28. Analyzing current IT environment; investigating new and emerging technologies to support primary mission/functions related to information security services; and identifying potential solution to previously intractable problems.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
29. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.