1. From the descriptions below (A through D), please select one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience or education requirements for a Park Guide, GS-0090-05 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
2. I possess a current valid state driver's license in good standing. Upon tentative selection, you will be required to submit driver's license information.A. Yes, I possess a valid state driver's license or will be able to obtain one prior to entering on duty.
Ability to communicate orally to diverse groups and in a variety of settings.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
3. Present informational talks, guided tours, and demonstrations, following a prescribed outline, to various audiences to inform or educate.
4. Respond verbally to customers' inquiries for information, direction, and/or guidance.
5. Initiate verbal communication with customers in a variety of settings to inform, educate, and/or guide.
Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service (Interpersonal skills).
6. Provide direction, information, and orientation about services or activities of interest to the public.
7. Serve as a front-line representative of the organization to greet customers and answer questions.
8. Educate customers regarding rules, regulations, and safety concerns to gain compliance.
9. Direct customers with problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person.
Skill in daily operation of a busy visitor center/information desk, sales store, or similar facility to include providing frontline information and support services.
10. Perform opening and closing procedures for an information center or place of business according to established procedures.
11. Collect cash and other payments in high volume sales operation (such as a busy entrance station or visitor contact station).
12. Operate standard office equipment other than computers (such as telephone, fax, photocopier, calculator) to accomplish work.
13. Operate cash register or credit card machines to accomplish work in business operations.
14. Ensure supplies, materials, and other support items are available for business operations.
15. Fill out daily reports to account for sales.
Ability to deliver historical information through prescribed talks/demonstrations and provide guide services to various audiences.
16. Assist in making interpretive products (such as preparing labels or signs) for natural, historical, or cultural programs, publications, or exhibits.
17. Utilize interpretive techniques (such as metaphors, storytelling, analogies) suggested by others to facilitate intellectual and/or emotional connections between audiences' interests and their surroundings.
18. Conduct limited research for educational purposes and to verify obscure facts and answer inquiries.
19. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.