Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the federal service executing, directing, or managing the delivery of civilian federal human resources (HR) services involving one or more of the following functions: recruitment and staffing, classification, compensation, equal employment opportunity, labor relations, employee relations, oversight of automated personnel information systems, or employee development; ensuring compliance with governing laws and regulations; developing, interpreting, and/or advising senior management on HR policies and administration; and providing substantive input to the strategic planning of human capital resources for an organization.
Do you possess the experience described above?
NOTE: THIS INFORMATION MUST BE SUPPORTED IN YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Cultivate relationships with key members of the HR Community for the purposes of providing information, resolving issues and developing policy and processes.
3. Advocate sound HR management practices, Merit System Principles and avoidance of Prohibited Personnel Practices in achieving mission goals.
4. Participate in meetings to promote acceptance of personnel programs and management.
5. Provide technical guidance and final technical authority for processes and policies for managed HR programs.
6. Represent the major command and/or agency as a participant on panels, advisory boards, committees, task forces and other high level working groups.
7. Develop measures of quality, effectiveness, efficiency and readiness indicators for HR Programs.
8. Provide civilian human resources strategic policy advice and assistance in support of multiple HR functional areas.
9. Identify and implement strategies to strengthen the strategic focus and the overall operations of the HR community.
10. Conduct special studies of key, complex aspects of HR program s to identify areas for improvement.
11. Resolve critical problems and issues related to program management, policy application and HR initiatives.
12. Implement procedure and policies in support of new and existing HR laws, executive orders, OPM/EEOC/DoD Directives, case law and court orders.
13. Evaluate the effectiveness of assigned programs in meeting strategic objectives, legal and regulatory requirements and management needs.
14. Communicate broad, high-level Agency goals, priorities and interests to the senior staff members responsible for policy development and implementation.
15. Coordinate and oversee the work of immediate staff to ensure consistency and adequacy of advisory services.
16. Provide counseling, referral and follow-up services for individual cases involving a variety of complex human resources issues.
17. Represent the organization as a participant at inter/intra agency meetings, panels, advisory boards, committees, task forces and other high level working groups.
18. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.