Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes the experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-560-12, Budget Analyst work. Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or higher that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience must have included: (1) assisting in the formulation, presentation, defense and execution of a program budget; (2) providing advice on budgeting to program managers and other senior management officials; (3) analyzing obligation and expenditure trends to ensure that the objectives of the financial plan are being met; and (4) responding to queries relative to problems, status, and questions involving budgetary issues.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes the experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-560-13, Budget Analyst work. Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or higher that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience must have included: (1) performing duties in the formulation, presentation, defense and execution of a program budget; (2) providing advice on budgeting to program managers and other senior management officials; (3) analyzing obligation and expenditure trends to ensure that the objectives of the financial plan are being met; (4) responding to queries relative to problems, status, and questions involving budgetary issues and (5) recommending approval/disapproval of funding requests.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Perform technical and analytical duties in the formulation and execution of a program budget.
4. Plan and organize annual multi-year budgeting projects in support of organizational objectives.
5. Translate operational and mission needs into practical programs, including the preparation of annual budget program plans.
6. Review assigned accounts against such matters as budget execution in relation to time phases.
7. Resolve discrepancies regarding budgetary projections for the current and future fiscal years.
8. Analyze obligation and expenditure trends to ensure that the objectives of the annual financial plan are being met.
9. Identify potential budgetary problems and make recommendations to help management accomplish the mission (e.g., recommends budgetary adjustments or alternative funding sources).
10. Gather, compare and correlate prior year and current year expenditures.
11. Conduct trend analyses to establish baseline budgetary data for inclusion in the budget estimating process.
12. Develop and maintain automated computer-based budget programs and other databases to track budget information.
13. Prepare narrative and statistical budgetary forms, schedules and reports.
14. Review and edit annual budget requirements for submission to upper management.
15. Respond to queries from program/project managers regarding problems, status, and questions involving budget issues.
16. Submit reports to higher headquarters on status of program, including responding to requests for information.
17. Provide advice on all phases of budgeting to program managers and other senior management officials.
18. Advise and assist managers in preparing, documenting and submitting detailed budget estimates for their respective program areas.
19. Advise managers on methods and requirements for developing extensive written support for their budget requirements.
20. Make formal and informal presentations to outline the history, current status, and objectives of assigned functional responsibilities.
21. Advise management on the purpose for which funding or authority must be used, trends in obligation/expenditure rates, etc.