MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Are you a graduate from an ABA accredited law school with a Juris Doctor Degree?
2. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Are you an active member in good standing of the State Bar?
3. Do you have current experience in litigation of Postal Service matters?
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS - CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
4. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the desirable qualification for this position
5. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes how you meet the desirable qualification for this position
Experience in postal litigation
Your resume MUST reflect that you have experience, knowledge, and/or skills in each of the following Evaluation Factors.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall rating may be negatively impacted. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Defend the agency's position to an audience that includes individuals who oppose that position
7. Interpret and apply laws, executive orders, directives, and guidance on criminal litigation issues
8. Conduct research in connection with cases to analyze factual and legal issues to determine what facts are needed and what legal sources are applicable
9. Prosecute or have been involved in litigation involving Postal employees that have engaged in theft of mail, embezzlement of funds, or public corruption
10. Engage in grand jury investigations and appear on behalf of the United States in Federal Court for various hearings and trials
Skill in writing legal opinions and policy analyses and recommending appropriate action
11. Prepare documents that set forth a significant issue in order to recommend a course of action to senior agency officials
12. Prepare documents that analyze and respond to a dispute about a legal issue of significant importance in which parties have raised differing legal theories to support their position
13. Interpret and analyze legal matters for which there is no existing precedent or existing precedent is not clearly analogous
14. Interpret and analyze legal matters that involve numerous factual and legal disputes among different parties that have arisen with multiple dockets over a long period of time
Ability to communicate effectively to represent the OIG in legal proceedings and maintain excellent client relationships
15. Brief clients and senior agency officials on legal and policy issues
16. Participate in meetings and conferences with agency and government officials to discuss matters pending decision or resolution
17. Prepare Congressional testimony or responses to Congressional Inquiries that present the Postal Service's position on sensitive or controversial issues
18. Write motions and legal papers, responses, search warrants, complaints and charging instruments
19. Work closely with agency attorney's, U. S. Attorney's Offices, Department of Justice, and other organizations to keep abreast of legal developments and best practices, and to effectively represent the agencies interests
20. From the descriptions below, select the one answer that best describes your years of professional experience in Postal litigation.A. 1 Year
21. From the descriptions below, select the one answer that best describes your years of professional legal experience.A. 2 Years
CERTIFICATION OF ACCURACY
22. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you. Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.