Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This section will be used to identify the level of education achieved to meet the minimum education requirement(s) for Contract Specialist, GS-1102; or appropriate exception. Transcripts are required to verify your educational claims, or proof of federal service if claiming an exception. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted, however, official transcripts may be required at a later date.
1. For each question, choose the response that best describes your education. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information obtained from references.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field.
This section will be used to identify the specialized experience required to meet the qualifications for Contract Specialist, GS-1102-12.
2. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or higher (or the equivalent in other pay systems) that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Such specialized experience includes: negotiating contracts of significant monetary value; planning and coordinating procurement assignments for supplies and services; developing and maintaining systems to evaluate and monitor contractual performance; analyzing information (such as business trends, market conditions, etc.) to negotiate prices; and incorporating changed contract requirements.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Questionnaire. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I do not have education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Complete duties related to the solicitation, evaluation and award of contracts.
4. Use negotiation strategies that are consistent with contracting principles, laws, regulations, and procedures.
5. Analyze pricing data submitted by potential suppliers to ascertain reasonableness of price and services offered.
6. Initiate preaward and postaward audit requests.
7. Negotiate contracts of significant monetary value to achieve organizational objectives.
8. Plan and coordinate procurement of supplies and services to meet organizational requirements.
9. Develop procurement objectives in terms of competition and price range.
10. Evaluates bids or offers for responsiveness to particular solicitation to ensure that organizational objectives are met.
11. Incorporate changed contract requirements that develop after contract placement.
12. Develop and implement negotiation strategies to best represent organization's needs.
13. Prepare current acquisition plans and appropriate milestone charts.
14. Serve as advisor to organization officials regarding procurement planning.
15. Deliver information to management, customers and industry on subjects relating to the marketplace, forecast of future changes, etc.
16. Participate in conferences and meetings with industry to provide explanations of Federal contracting principles.
17. Determine when the involvement of senior managers is necessary to resolve contracting issues.
18. Communicate with customers in a courteous and respectful manner.
19. Explain the ramifications of various public laws to contractors.