Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002-Non-Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-301-12 Contract Project Specialist position.
1. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you meet the time in grade requirement.
2. I have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
3. Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.A. I am currently serving in a position at the GS-13 grade level or above in the
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
4. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration OR I am a FDA Commissioned Corps Officer.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Exercise responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating state contracts or grants on a nationwide basis.
6. Provide guidance, consultation and interpretation of the Agency's policies and overall programs with high-level executives in multiple State agencies to ensure complete coordination between the contract/grant and all other cooperative Federal State programs.
7. Prepare contract or grant specifications detailing the work to be performed and additional documentation that may be required.
8. Serve as the focal point within the Agency to whom personnel turn for authoritative information on the specific State contracts or grants that are in the incumbent's responsibility.
9. Responsible for preparing summaries and statistical data on contracts or grants with the states and the work accomplished by State agencies for the FDA.
10. Provide technical direction to the awardees through written and oral communication as appropriate and serve as focal point providing information on specific state contracts or grants.
11. Oversee contracts or grants resolving most conflicts that arise.
12. Interpret policy and establish deadlines to ensure objectives of the project are met.
13. Coordinate the work with others.
14. Provide guidance, consultation and interpretation of the Agency's policies and overall programs.
15. Provide authoritative advice relating to contracts and grants and participates in committee and other activities to support and improve mutual objectives.
16. Solicit the views of state program officials on current problems and recommends solutions.
17. Provide technical direction to the contract and grant program awardees through written and oral communications.
18. Prepare and issue internal guidelines to assure a coordinated Agency operation as it applies to the contract and grant programs.
19. Prepare summaries and statistical data on contract or grants with the states local agencies and the work accomplished there for the Agency, states and special requests, e.g., Secretary's Office, news media, congressional committees, etc.
20. Serve as project officer of one or more contract or grant programs
21. Coordinate contract and grant activities with the Office of Management (OM), as well as other Headquarter offices and Centers and the Office of Acquisitions and Grants
22. Evaluate, implement and coordinate on joint FDA-State programs.
23. Responsible for recommending FDA policy on contract or grant programs with state and local agencies that will assist FDA in carrying out its mission and consumer operations
24. Serve as Office contact on matters pertaining to contracts or grants administered by the Office.
25. Promote a thorough understanding of the work requirements and establish an optimum working relationship with the contract or grant program awardees.