Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- is a veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume must include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0501-07 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-05) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector compiling and summarizing financial data. Examples of qualifying experience include: using automated financial systems to track financial information; gathering and compiling financial data for the budget formulation process; or processing scheduled financial transactions in an organization's budget.
2. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0501-09 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector analyzing financial data to prepare budget reports or reconciling financial transactions. Examples of qualifying experience include: using automated financial systems to track and reconcile financial information; studying financial data for the budget formulation and execution process; or developing financial estimates for an organization's budget.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage transactions using financial software programs (e.g., Standardized Accounting and Reporting System - Field Level, Fund Administration and Standardized Document Automation System, Program Budget Information System, or Defense Travel System).
4. Report financial data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
5. Use data from automated financial systems to support funding recommendations.
6. Track manpower billets and funding in an automated personnel system or database (e.g., DCPDS, TMMCA, TFMMS, or TWMS).
7. Examine fiscal law, statutes, precedents, or local policies to ensure the organization's financial actions comply with governing laws and regulations.
8. Assist in developing labor projections based on historical execution.
9. Review legal documents to verify cited references.
10. Analyze past, present and future costs and plan the timing of financial transactions (i.e., acquisition, distribution, and transfer of funds).
11. Identify and resolve discrepancies during budget formulation or execution processes.
12. Ensure funds are within budget, are used for their intended purpose and on schedule.
13. Translate organizational needs and objectives by line item and object class into budget dollars.
14. Verify the processing of payments for purchases.
15. Formulate written responses to answer contract or financial questions from external organizations (e.g, Budget Submitting Office, Logistics Centers, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, or Financial Offices).
16. Draft written responses to request information.
17. Gather information and translate data for incorporation into financial documents.
18. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.