Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Enter the lowest grade level (13-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code which identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The specialty code for this position is 001 - Direct Hire Authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in an Information Technologist (Information Security) position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the IT-related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work.A. I have IT related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes: conducting analyses and recommending resolution of issues affecting complex assignments; installing and trouble-shooting cyber security upgrades for a department; providing advice and guidance on a wide range of IT issues; and testing and optimizing the functionality of systems, networks, and databases.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service reviewing systems documentation, including IT project implementation plans, security policies and procedures, hardware, software, and network diagrams and configuration management controls, database administration controls, and contractual agreements for technical support for compliance with applicable standards.
3. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service exercising judgment and a high degree of initiative in anticipating the effects of changing business requirements and new technologies on strategic plans for the IT program.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Target weaknesses identified with system for abnormalities and system vulnerabilities.
5. Conduct audit of department electronic information systems.
6. Follow-up with customer to monitor the resolution of audit recommendations
7. Develop solutions for an office to integrate IT programs and services issues.
8. Design IT systems to meet current and future business requirements for the customer.
9. Apply new developments to previously unsolvable problems.
10. Implement higher-level cyber security requirements, such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or directives.
11. Ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of IT systems through full compliance with policies and standards.
12. Identify actual and potential cyber security problems, trends, and weakness.
13. Develop strategies for responding to future cyber security challenges.
14. Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risk associated with cyber security vulnerabilities.
15. Conduct planning for mission-critical cyber security violations that affect the integrity of an agency-wide IT infrastructure.
16. Assess the security awareness knowledge of staff as it relates to assigned areas of responsibility.
17. Prepare and present briefings to senior management officials concerning controversial issues.
18. Provide guidance to staff addressing how best to meet agency-wide cyber security requirements.
19. Present to management officials recommendations on adopting changes.
20. Develop written policies, guidelines, and standards for the planning, development, integration, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and subsystems.
21. Submit updates needed for existing directives to comply with new requirements.
22. Incorporate changes submitted by others for inclusion into final directives.