Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Read each of the following statements and select the one that best describes your education and/or experience to meet the basic requirement for a Auditor, GS-0511-14 grade level.A. I have successfully completed a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 semester hours may include up to 6 semester hours of credit in business law (Must submit transcripts with your application).
2. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Auditor work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service?A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service that included providing expert advice and resolution to issues related to financial management and internal control policies and/or procedures; planning and executing audits for a financial management program; and assisting in the development of policies and procedures for such a program.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Modify internal controls and monitoring Corrective Action Plans by emphasizing and revising new approaches.
4. Examine financial transactions, accounts, and reports for compliance with laws and regulations.
5. Evaluate accounting and program controls reflected in policies, systems, procedures, methods, and practices.
6. Coordinate with departmental officials, external auditors, program, and operations staff on audit activities.
7. Participate in the implementation of an internal control program.
8. Assist in the developing and implementing financial management practices for a program.
9. Serve as an expert on the review and approval process for Agency agreements and contracts.
10. Conduct evaluations on undelivered orders.
11. Oversee and validate that obligation balances are accurately reflected.
12. Conduct financial analyses for programs within the organization.
13. Review justification data submitted in support of financial estimates by comparison with historical documents, trend data, and program knowledge for accuracy and adequacy. Top of Form
14. Recommend changes in financial requirements with program managers and administrative staff.
15. Provide user assistance to managers, financial and budget personnel to maximize the benefit of their use of the financial management systems.
16. Provide advice to financial system users on problems and recommend corrective actions.
17. Negotiate with others regarding system requirements to meet agency and program requirements.
18. Serve as a leader in the areas of financial management and for an internal controls program.
19. Distribute, monitor and review work assignments of team members.
20. Deliver presentations and briefing materials to the Director, senior staff, and other stakeholders.
21. Represent the agency on ad-hoc committees, workgroups, and/or meetings.