In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special selection priority under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current Federal employee serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level taking the initiative to maintain the supervisor's calendar; responding to requests for information concerning office functions; ensuring that all requests for action or information are acted upon; arranging for conferences; reading incoming correspondence and obtaining clarifying information when necessary; and maintaining controls of action items and following up to ensure timely reply.
If you chose response A in the previous question, you must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that supports your response. Your resume reference must clearly demonstrate your possession of the experience you are claiming. If you chose any other response, you may indicate "not applicable".
3. Applicants must be able to type at least 40 words per minute based on a 5 minutes sample, with three or fewer errors. Do you meet this proficiency requirement?A. Yes
4. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-6 grade level?A. Yes. I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-6 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
For each of the task statements listed below, please select the response that best describes your skill level. The statements were developed based on knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies needed to successfully perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume. It is important that your resume clearly shows how you possess the experience and skill levels you claim in this questionnaire. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
5. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate orally with various levels of employees and management in order to obtain and provide information.A. I have greeted visitors, or relayed messages, or answered and
6. Indicate the extent to which you have provided administrative or technical office support.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
7. Identify the extent to which you have established and maintained files and filing systems.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
8. Select the choice which best describes the extent to which you have prepared correspondence and other documents in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
9. Select the statement which best describes how you typically plan and organize your work.A. I have followed a schedule, goals, and guidelines prepared by my supervisor.
10. Have you ensured that accurate information was disseminated to authorized personnel, including using available files and records?A. Yes
11. Select the choice which best describes how you have interacted with others, including visitors, all levels of employees, and management.A. I have interacted primarily with individuals, such as receiving and acting upon instructions from my supervisor; or helping a customer/visitor find information.
12. Indicate the extent to which you have reviewed correspondence for proper format, conformance with instructions or manuals, grammar, typographical accuracy, attachments, and coordination.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
13. Have you read and routed correspondence, ensuring that references and pertinent materials were attached?A. Yes
14. Have you maintained control records on correspondence and requests for action?A. Yes
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-7 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your responses to the following questions will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you may lose further consideration under this announcement.
15. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-7 or higher?A. YES
If you chose response A in the previous question, provide the position’s title, pay plan, series and grade level (or pay band). Also include the promotion potential and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.Examples: (1) Secretary, GS-0318-6 with promotion potential to GS-7 held from 10/12/2004 to 6/05/2005. (2) Management Analyst, GS-0343-5 with promotion potential to GS-12 held from 10/12/2004 to 6/05/2005.
16. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.