Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the Basic Requirement for this position. You must select one response.
2. Select the statement below that best describes your level of education and/or experience to qualify for this position at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
3. Select the statement below that best describes your level of education and/or experience to qualify for this position at the GS-11 grade level or higher.
4. Select the statement below that best describes your background to qualify for this position at the GS-12 grade level.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When making your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Ensure that all claimed experience can be verified by the information in your resume. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization. For each task, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.
5. Review and evaluate scientific data, reports, and proposals.
6. Interpret and apply scientific, technical and regulatory documents including protocols, procedures and policies.
7. Initiate communications or correspondence regarding scientific findings and science-based recommendations, actions, and decisions.
8. Perform library and document searches of technical and scientific publications for reply to interested parties
9. Work collaboratively with members of a team to develop and complete projects.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with team members to identify and recommend solutions to problem areas.
11. Work with others to foster cooperation, communication, open exchange of ideas, and timely resolution of conflicts.
12. Serve as project coordinator in the management of team activities, including developing and monitoring project milestones and overall team progress.
13. Communicate scientific and technical information orally and in writing, such as preparation of meeting minutes.
14. Identify and appraise team and management of potential barriers while coordinating the resolution of conflicting resource needs, availability and scheduling.