For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Applicants must be currently certified or certifiable under the current DoDEA standards as a Teacher, Middle/Secondary English Language Arts (LARS) 0412/0413/Middle/Secondary Social Studies (0230-0320). Teaching categories can be found at: http://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/categories/index.cfm
2. A Master's degree is required for all Instructional Systems Specialist (ISS) positions. Do you have a Master's degree?
3. Three (3) years of experience in teaching, educational research, development of educational materials and aids, educational testing, guidance counseling, educational administration, or comparable activities which have clearly demonstrated success in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of education and familiarity with current developments in education and training are required. This experience must have been in the content area specific to the ISS position - English Language Arts. Do you have three (3) years of experience in the content area specific to the ISS position - English Language Arts or Social Studies
For questions 4, 5 ,and 6, your answers should include convictions resulting from a plea of nolo contendere (no contest), but omit: (1) traffic fines of $300 or less, (2) any violation of law committed before your 16th birthday, (3) any violation of law committed before your 18th birthday if finally decided in juvenile court or under a Youth Offender law, (4) any conviction set aside under the Federal Youth Corrections Act or similar state law, and (5) any conviction for which the record was expunged under Federal or state law.
4. During the last 10 years, have you been convicted, been imprisoned, been on probation, or been on parole? (Includes felonies, firearms or explosives violations, misdemeanors, and all other offenses.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
5. Have you been convicted by a military court-martial in the past 10 years? (If no military service, answer "NO.") If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the military authority or court involved.A. Yes
6. Are you now under charges for any violation of law? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
7. During the last 5 years, have you been fired from any job for any reason, did you quit after being told that you would be fired, did you leave any job by mutual agreement because of specific problems, or were you debarred from Federal employment by the Office of Personnel Management or any other Federal agency? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, an explanation of the problem, reason for leaving, and the employer's name and address.A. Yes
8. Are you delinquent on any Federal debt? (Includes delinquencies arising from Federal taxes, loans, overpayment of benefits, and other debts to the U.S. Government, plus defaults of Federally guaranteed or insured loans such as student and home mortgage loans.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the type, length, and amount of the delinquency or default, and steps that you are taking to correct the error or repay the debt.A. Yes
9. Do you receive, or have you ever applied for, retirement pay, pension, or other retired pay based on military, Federal civilian, or District of Columbia Government service?A. Yes
Please use this section to provide the required information if you have answered "Yes" to numbers 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 on the suitability questions. If you have answered "Yes" to the referenced questions, you MUST provide the required information. All of your answers must be truthful and complete. A false statement on any part of your application may be grounds for not hiring you or for firing you after you begin work. Also, you may be punished by a fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, title 18, section 1001). You may be asked to provide this information at any time.
Candidates who meet minimum experience requirements will be further evaluated against established criteria that demonstrates how well they possess the specific ranking factors determined necessary for successful job performance.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
Comprehensive knowledge of current Pre-K through 12th grade instructional theory, research, best practices and content/performance standards for the subject matter, including Federal laws, DoD policies, and DoDEA standard operating procedures governing the curriculum program within the DoDEA education system.
Knowledge of staff development and demonstrated skill in staff development design, training facilitation and the use of job embedded models and other strategies in order to provide professional development advice and guidance to staff. Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate professional development activities in the subject matter field in a geographically dispersed school district.
Knowledge of instructional program evaluation methods and principles sufficient to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the curriculum program. Ability to analyze program data that informs staff development needs for curriculum area and to implement comprehensive staff development activities, to include evaluation and follow up.
Professional knowledge of and demonstrated successful experience with MIddle/Secondary English Language Arts/Social Studies content standards, research-based best practices demonstrated through experience in developing integrated academically rigorous curriculum programs. Demonstrates ability to collect and analyze data to write program evaluations for Middle/Secondary English Language Arts and Social Studies.
I certify that my response to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. FAILURE TO CERTIFY WILL RENDER YOU INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.A. Yes