Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level establishing and maintaining effective collaborative working relationships with community organizations for the purpose of collecting feedback, disseminating information or answering inquiries about immigration issues; determining the need for and developing information materials related to immigration issues; and developing appropriate communication channels, techniques and strategies for collecting feedback and disseminating immigration information to the community.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Communicate policy changes to the public to achieve compliance with new regulations.
4. Provide training to lower-graded staff on immigration related topics.
5. Provide oral reports on current policy with recommendations to increase efficiency.
6. Clarify organizational policy and programs for external stakeholders by creating informational documents.
7. Provide written reports with conclusions and recommendations on policies, projects or studies.
8. Provide reports on community response to agency policies and programs.
9. Establish liaison with internal and external stakeholders to exchange information, resolve problems.
10. Maintain collaborative relationships with the community to educate stakeholders on policies and programs
11. Promote dialogue on organizational issues through forums, community meetings and other special events
12. Create mechanisms to support mission-related programs to exchange information between organization and stakeholders
13. Solicit feedback to ensure consistent and efficient delivery of information on organizational policies and programs
14. Gather information about community perspectives regarding agency policies for reports to management.
15. Analyze program operations reports for presentation to management.
16. Evaluate appropriateness of existing policies and programs in light of changes in legislation.
17. Select the statement that best describes your knowledge of the impact of immigration-related policy and practices on state and local governments and communities:A. I have knowledge of the impact on communities of laws, regulations and policies related to immigration by working independently with individuals and/or groups impacted, and experience in developing new policies and/or criteria to resolve, implement, or manage program issues involving major areas of uncertainty.
18. Select the statement that best describes your ability to maintain liaison and deal effectively with high-level management officials at all organizational levels within the government and private sector:A. I have experience in establishing and maintaining liaison with executive and senior-level management officials from other countries, federal, state and local governments, non-government officials (private industry, and community service organizations) to create mutually advantageous officials relations in agency program matters of interest.
19. Which of the following statements best describes your experience with the ability to read, analyze and apply court decisions and administered decisions to new cases:A. I routinely engage in critical reading and analysis of court decisions and administrative decisions for application to new cases, and provide advice within my organization.
20. Which of the following best describes your knowledge of and experience with the Immigration and Nationality Act:A. I routinely interpret the Immigration and Nationality Act, apply its provisions to the facts of employment-based petitions, make decisions, and provide advice within my organization.
21. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.