1. From the responses below, select ONE response that best describes how you meet the basic requirements for this position: (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 Level in Federal Service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector providing health information management in a hospital or large clinic setting. Experience providing and coordinating the processing, usage, storage, and retirement of medical records; experience with processes used in coding medical data as applied in the health care environment; and experience conducting audits, surveillance, and technical guidance pertaining to medical records.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide advice and guidance on medical record processes and related issues.
3. Provide advice and guidance on medical record coding and programs.
4. Provide advice and guidance in the identification, implantation, and maintenance of agencies information privacy policies.
5. Develop and implement standards of measurement to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the daily operations of the Medical Records Division.
6. Organize and direct a comprehensive medical record program to meet medical record standards.
7. Develop systematic procedures for special reports to advise higher management of potential problems and makes recommendations for solutions to the problems.
8. Provide expert advice and technical guidance to medical and administrative personnel to resolve complex problems.
9. Resolve simple, informal complaints of staff and refers others to department head to make recommendations concerning complaint and discuss outcome.
10. Maintain current knowledge and answers questions on policies, procedures, and directives regarding Medical Records.
11. Provide in-service training and orientation to professional and clerical employees and others needed or required.
12. Instruct employees in specific tasks and job techniques and make available written instructions, reference materials and supplies.
13. Supervise civilian and military personnel in charge of the daily operations of the Patient Administration Department.
14. Report to department head on performance, progress, and training needs of employees, and problems affecting performance.
15. Advise department head or appropriate personnel, of equipment and supplies required for the operation of the Medical Records Division.
16. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be ground for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.