Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Laboratory Support Technician (OA), GS-0303-05.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service for the GS-05, to include experience performing laboratory administrative support functions to include inventory of supplies/equipment; utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software applications; safely handling, storage, accountability, and disposal of hazardous substances.
2. Can you type at least 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors based on a five (5) minute sample?A. Yes
3. Do you have experience using a personal computer and a variety of software to perform word processing?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Receive, log, and secure laboratory samples.
5. Handle and store hazardous substances.
6. Conduct disposal of samples.
7. Resolve administrative concerns related to laboratory projects to include, compile and summarize data, collect and properly handle samples and/or organize data for analysis.
8. Ship items in accordance with USPS and private shipping regulations.
9. Conducts inventory of supplies and/or equipment.
10. Receive incoming shipments of equipment, furniture and supplies.
11. Inspect incoming shipments for accuracy or damages.
12. Uncrate and assemble equipment and deliver to appropriate personnel.
13. Extract, compile and organize information using a computer.
14. Develop computer spreadsheets.
15. Maintain and update computer databases.
16. Respond to requests for information utilizing computer software.
17. Perform data entry of chemical supplies received.
18. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources and takes appropriate action or makes recommendations.
19. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures.
20. Maintain records of completed and uncompleted assignments, updates and distributes assignment changes as they are made by the Laboratory management staff.
21. Prepare semi-annual reports reflecting deficiency data, including a narrative summary of reason for the deficiency.
22. Respond to request for information and/or data providing status.
23. Prepare forms for claims, compose necessary correspondence and negotiates with supplier until settlement.