Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at Common Hiring Authorities. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50's or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Navy Civilian Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of the Navy (Navy or Marine Corps) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
3. I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector assisting in the administration of college-level programs by providing technical guidance and performing clerical duties? (Note- Experience must be substantiated in your resume)
KNOWLEDGE OF COLLEGE-LEVEL PROGRAM POLICIES, PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
2. Provide guidance to students on curriculum and academic issues.
3. Develop individual student programs of study by reviewing records to ensure an established standard curriculum is met.
4. Answer complex and technical inquiries referred by staff members and external customers concerning the responsibilities and guidelines for the educational program.
5. Adapt procedures by collaborating with school personnel and curriculum sponsors to meet the needs of individual programs.
KNOWLEDGE OF ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
6. Maintain average on board (AOB) statistics for student to maintain currency of records.
7. Maintain prospective graduation and rotation dates for students to maintain records.
8. Manage student scheduling by verifying final student schedules against master schedule.
9. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of annual teaching schedule.
SKILL IN USING OFFICE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS AND PROGRAMS
10. Utilize automated systems (e.g. Microsoft Access, Education Management System (PYTHON)) to create academic, student and historical reports.
11. Operate Microsoft Work of similar word processing software to type routine nontechnical correspondence (e.g. instructions on office procedures, request for information, letters of acknowledgement, etc.).
12. Coordinate with the registrar's office and student services to ensure accuracy of input to the Education Management System (e.g. PYTHON).
13. Provide counseling and assistance to students regarding the maintenance and input of information into the Education Management System (e.g. PYTHON).
14. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.