Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 822708
Audiovisual Production Specialist
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following question will address your minimum qualifications. Please review the question and consider your answer carefully. Please choose only one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the 11 grade level? Specialized experience is defined as technical knowledge of covering the design of a variety of equipment; editing and technically enhancing audio and video; digitally edits and produces material from correspondents and stringers.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Use audio/video production techniques to produce quality radio and TV program.
3. Analyze and make recommendations on major broadcast systems projects.
4. Comprehend electronic theory and practices.
5. Consults with and advises supervisors concerning production methods, equipment and staff capabilities.
6. Edit and maintain computer-based audio equipment and the web publishing systems.
7. Monitor preparations of scripts (i.e. English grammar, spelling and punctuation) and other material for broadcast and Internet publication.
8. Use and maintain digitally editing material for broadcast.
9. Use of commercial text and video editing systems and studio equipment.
10. Function effectively as part of a broadcast team.
11. Effectively operate audio and video editing equipment and studio equipment with speed and accuracy.
12. Develop plans or specifications necessary for troubleshooting design problems, providing staff advisories or evaluating services.