Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 820369
Detention Enforcement Officer
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. In order to be considered for this position, you must possess a valid driver's license. Do you possess a valid driver's license?A. I certify that I possess a valid driver's license.
2. This position is covered by the law enforcement officer retirement provisions of 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) and 5 U.S.C. 8412(d). Applicants for this primary law enforcement position must not have reached their 37th birthday upon appointment to this position unless there is sufficient prior Federal service in a covered primarily law enforcement or firefighter position to permit retirement on or before the mandatory retirement age for these types of positions. Note: Applicants entitled to Veterans Preference are exempt from this requirement. Please select the appropriate response below.A. I have not reached my 37th birthday.
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: transporting prisoners/detainees by car, van, etc.; preparing documentation required to transport and detain prisoners; searching prisoners/detainees for contraband, weapons, and other prohibited items; restraining prisoners/detainees (including applying and removing retraints such as handcuffs and leg irons); and monitoring prisoners/detainees through closed circuit television as well as visual inspection?A. I have at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-6 performing the duties described above.
For each task choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have not had the education, training nor experience in performing this task.
4. Write and file incident, police, or other reports.
5. Identify, analyze, and solve difficult prisoner problems, e.g., medical issues that need decisions and issues dealing with violent prisoners.
6. Receive and process standard documents such as Court Orders, Writs, Judgment and Commitment Orders, and Disciplinary Transfer Orders.
7. Interview prisoners/detainees to obtain necessary information.
8. Inventory personal property.
9. Search prisoners/detainees for weapons, contraband, and other prohibited items.
10. Maintain order and discipline in the cellblock.
11. Utilize handguns and shotguns in the performance of law enforcement duties.
12. Utilize expandable batons and electronic defense modules, e.g., stun guns in the performance of law enforcement duties.
13. Conduct surveillance of prisoners/detainees via closed circuit monitors.
14. Prepare documentation required to transport and detain prisoners.
15. Transport federal, state or local prisoners in any mode of transportation.
16. Use passive control techniques and/or fighting arts such as Aikido and Karate.
17. Physically subdue unruly prisoners and applied restraining devices to control prisoners.